dogs and slayer perk

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
subnormalx
SDF!
SDF!

dogs and slayer perk

Post by subnormalx »

I seem to be having a slight problem..

I'm makin a map for fun, of an installation.. its got dogs in it... Thing is I want the dogs to be ferocious ... ( the kind that rip your arms and legs off )

I gave a dog the slayer perk .. then sic'ced it on a basic human raider... it bit and chewed away but it only did normal damage.. it didn't cripple the human at all..

I thought a critical hit would always cripple (wind, or knock unconscious, etc)?

I removed the slayer perk, thinking maybe it wasn't working and gave the dog a 75% critical hit chance ...
went back into the map and set the dog loose again...
The same again.. it didn't cripple the human only ate away normal bits of damage... (i made the dog do minimal damage, and let it attack 20, 30 times)

I am sure dogs can deal crippling blows.. I remember I used to do it in multiplayer... or am I missing something?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

No criticals only increase the chance of doing such damage. You're more likely to cripple a limb if you target the limb, I'm not sure if the AI does use the targetting system or not.

If you want to increase the chance of extra damage give the dog the better criticals perk as well. If you want to increase the knockover chance change it's weapon. In the editor stick the deathclaw attacks in it's equipment slots. Or edit the dog attacks increasing the knockdown chance.

Don't forget to allow for the target's armour, perhaps change the damage type.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
subnormalx
SDF!
SDF!

Post by subnormalx »

Yeah..

Okay, thanks !

I'm gonna settle for a dog that'll deal a lot of damage and will knock u down a fair bit...

Am playin around a lot with entities, waypoints, speech trees and cosmetic stuff... Maybe I should stop all that until I finish all the tiles, otherwise I'd never get around to finishin the tiles !
Our Host!