Ugh. Is this game DESIGNED to drive me insane???!!!

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.

Have you beaten Fallout Tactics? If so, how?

Drunk, my friend. Fall-down drunk. It's the only way. Save yourself.
6%
With patience, effort, and a little thing called the psychiatric ward of St. Mary's.
11%
I can't play it anymore. I smashed my computer in frustration.
No votes
"Beaten"? Tell me you're kidding. You're kidding, right?
22%
I've beaten it, yes. And it's not really that hard. But I'm a cyborg, so I probably don't count.
61%

Total votes: 18

Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Ugh. Is this game DESIGNED to drive me insane???!!!

Post by Subhuman »

Fuck, this game is hard. What is the deal?! I haven't played in weeks because I can't get past Jefferson. I mean, I understand a little challenge, but this is ridiculous. The other Fallout games were PEACH COBBLER compared to this!

And why, for the love of all things holy, do my squad members CONSTANTLY SHOOT EACH OTHER?! GET OUT OF THE WAY, MORONS!!! When someone is shooting, it's generally a good idea to MOOOOOOVE!!!!!! And the typos! My GOD! Was this thing written by a bunch of 12-year olds? My inner grammarian cries out in agony when I play.

I need a vacation.
Beef
Respected
Respected

Re: Ugh. Is this game DESIGNED to drive me insane???!!!

Post by Beef »

voodoo4936 wrote:I need a vacation.
No, you need a life.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

No, you need a life.
Well, yeah. I thought that was a given, considering the fact that we're posting on the FALLOUT TACTICS DISCUSION BOARD.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I scratch my head every time I see the city of "Preoria"(sic). I guess the Australians must use a different version of the english language that is written upside down and must translate it for all of us folks on the right side of the globe.

The best way to have your boys avoid shooting each other is to place them in the APC or hummer. I would highly recommend against grouping them to avoid FF(friendly fire). Try to go for a two-pronged attack whenever possible and have snipers for cover. Otherwise you are going to have to go for a fully-armored melee squad.

If you think Jefferson is hard, try playing MV's Rebellion 1 or 2. That man is a sadist.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Jimmyjay86 wrote: If you think Jefferson is hard, try playing MV's Rebellion 1 or 2. That man is a sadist.
*looks around innocently*

Who, me? :twisted:

Seriously, though, I find that the best way to avoid FF when a vechicle isn't available (i.e. 95% of the game) is to have everyone that uses Burst in the front of the formation, with everyone that uses Single behind them. And, when there's some extra time to issue commands, put everyone in the front in the crouched or prone position. FF is nearly nil then.
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Voodoo, your problems are nothing compared to what I have done. I have finished the game using tough guy mode, on insane difficulty, using no mods or power up files. And I never once used a big gun. So if you think you got problems, think what I've been through.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Yeah, see, that's the weirdest part--I'm on the Normal difficulty. NORMAL. And I'm not some game newbie! I've beaten games before! Why is this one so impossible? Weird, I tell ya.

Maybe it's karma, or something. Penance for all those times I made fun of the game's writing...
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Maybe, or it could be that you've left it alone for too long. I did that with my deathclaw and I can't get past Kansas City now, all my squad members die apart from my DC (me) and it's stupid cause that's never happened, _EVER_, even when I've played as a deathclaw.
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

Play CTB, separate your burst fire troops and use whatever tactical advantage you can get from the terrain, weapons, skills etc..h
ArchVile
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by ArchVile »

Geeze the game is soooo easy, i'm playing it on hard right now. I mean once you know the right skills to pick, and the right stats the game can be rather easy. One thing that i can tell you from my experience is LUCK IS USELESS. Ok so its usefull when you can get sniper, but how long does taht take, level 24. And when do you get level 24, near the end. So i just take a luck of 2.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Also, unless you want to waste time waiting for good recruits, drop charisma as far as it will go. Just have low-level recruits from the start and by the end they will become more powerful than any other recruits avaliable.
ArchVile
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by ArchVile »

Nobody can beat Clarise, NOBODY. I accually use Charisma cuz i find it extremely useful. Divine Favor is godlike, and since i always have a In of 10, i get 11. and a perk rate of 2, how can you go wrong. Sure having CH hurts you in the beginning of the game, but not having hurts you later in the game.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Yeah, I've tried all different kinds of characters and found Charisma to be a good stat but most types of characters I used never got anywhere in it, like my robot, charisma stuck at 1 permanently. I've used bosche (for professional and experimental uses only) to test out the different character stats but havn't draw up an analysis yet, that comes later.
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

hard?

Post by Ed the Monkey »

I took a crew of snipers with like 1 or 2 midrange and found no problem taking things out. it's all about having cover and drawing people into traps... the heavy weaps should have high sneek, but combat shotguns will go through all of the game. Get a thief or a gambler and you'll get tons of free money... I can't think of anything else you might need.
Just one monkey in a room of infinite monkeys, typing on infinite computers, now taking an infinite coffee break.......
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

I use to worry that I hadn't beaten FOT. So then I just opened up the CD-ROMs, found the end game movies, and watched 'em¹.

Problem solvered.

¹And was glad that I didn't have to go through the whole "Invasion of the robots" story-line....
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ArchVile
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by ArchVile »

Well i dunno, i know Charisma is one of the best Stats because you can get better fighters earilier on, so they can fight for you. Usually these are my Stats

ST 6
PE 8/9
EN 4 (just wanna get lifegiver)
CH 8 (divine favor :))
IN 10 (becomes 11 after divine favor)
AG 8
LK 2 (don't ever rely on critical hits)

Fast Shot
Gifted
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I just installed the trainer and had my invincible squad to teleport around the map and burst fire everything with my omega fist.
:chew:
Nutter
Respected
Respected

Post by Nutter »

having such a low luck also makes you more vulnerable to criticals
ArchVile
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by ArchVile »

Well i haven't run into any problems with that.
Nutter
Respected
Respected

Post by Nutter »

just get those unlucky guys out of crossfires... they tend to become bullet magnets =)
Our Host!