Slaves...

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Slaves...

Post by Ed the Monkey »

I'm a totally new mapper, just starting something out... I was wondering if it's possible to make an object that could be used to "make a triblal a slave," by this I mean something that might be *used on* someone that would bring up the plastic dialog asking for a frequency so that one could key in a frequency and *detonate* the slave. This would function eithor to add the npc onto your team so they are directally under your control, or somehow be a trigger to send them running to a deignated location. I'm more wondering if you can attach a bomb to someone than anything else...
this would be for just one mission, so there would be spacific targets. I was thinking of something along the lines of the mission where the reavers joined your team... possibly doing the same with the slaves.
this brings up another question, how many people can be on your team? with the added reaver it was 7, is that the top, or is it infinite?
Just one monkey in a room of infinite monkeys, typing on infinite computers, now taking an infinite coffee break.......
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Welcome to the wonderful world of FOT mapping! I hope you brought some Advil... :D

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do, but I do know that, technically, you can have as many people in your squad as you want, but only the first six will have their own "tab," so it'd be a little hard to control a party of 20 or so :lol:
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Ed the Monkey »

essentially I want to place something like armed plastic in a character's inventory, is there a way to make bomb instead of use, use on? i'm trying to make a campagn where you play as a raider, and this is the first level... somehow i want to collar slaves so they can be taken back to base, but i'd like to have the option to kill them with the flick of a switch. It'd be even cooler to have an electric collar... that is to say, could one take a detonator and instead of having it run to a bomb on the ground, run to a bomb on a character? or even better, instead of control an explosion, control an electric shock?
Just one monkey in a room of infinite monkeys, typing on infinite computers, now taking an infinite coffee break.......
JaTe
SDF!
SDF!

Post by JaTe »

You could put a remote bomb on them. Set each one to a different freq. then blow that number if they escape. Make the slave named after the # of the freq. your supposed to put on 'em.
Our Host!