The Firearms Thread

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Finally shot my Arsenal AK...holy fuck. Accurate as all hell. Tore shit up at 50 with the iron sights.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Goretheglowingone
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member
Location: DAC (YEA FUCKERS! WHAT'S IT TO YOU? HUH! HUH! , I Gotta go butt sex a nun now..

Post by Goretheglowingone »

nifty shiznet
EATER OF STUPID CHILDREN
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Why get a Kalashnikov when you can have a taste'a these guns?
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

That pic is revolting and is not allowed at DAC!
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Semi-automatic revolver

Pancor Jackhammer had a similar action.

Also, the Webley semi-auto revolver was in Zardoz, which was post-apocalyptic.

So this is a Fallouty post.

Even though the Jackhammer should not have been in Fallout.
(It was in 2 and FOT)
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

The Jackhammer is so cool it can transcend space and time o_O
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Nate
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Nate »

Zardoz was awesome.

"'He that fights too long against dragons...
becomes a dragon himself. ' Nietzsche."

So sayeth Sean Connery.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Am currently contemplating the new Sig P250. Insanely modular, light as all fuck and easily the best DAO trigger pull I've ever experienced. Sex.
Machiavelli
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Machiavelli »

I recently received a Rock Island Armory 1911A1 and it is SWEET!!! The pistols are made in the Philippines but they're made on machinery left by the Americans after WW2 so they're closer to GI than anything made here. Also they retail for $350 which is FUCKING AWESOME for a 1911A1 (they normally go for at least twice that (the clones) and to get a true GI 1911 you're looking at shelling out huge money. I'm also planing on picking up a Hungarian Makarov (not a true Mak but whatever) for about $135. Discount firearms, gotta love it!
The AK-47. When you absolutely positively got to kill every mother#$^#&* in the room...... Accept no substitute.
Drunk_Squid
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Drunk_Squid »

I'm selling these two, I need funds to assemble a new computer.
I have two other AR15s as well. I won't be selling those but may eventually buy an AK or Galil or something. But the Galil would have to be in .308. But the prospect of an AK in 7.62x39 would seem better considering ammo prices and the yearning to go through a lot of it with these types of rifles.

Very accurate, and yes, very reliable.
I'm gonna sell it with all of the aftermarket stuff I have on it, I'm throwing in a detachable carry handle and all the other stuff that was on it before that too so it will seem like a better value. I had an Aimpoint on it at first, then put that on a different AR (M4 clone with a shorter barrel than this), then just had a carry handle on it, then put a 6x scope on it I never used, then decided to sell it. Pity.

It's a Mossberg 500, it's a pump shotgun made for home defense or some other similiar use, ditto.

In fact now that I think about it, if I ever get another "battle rifle" I am torn between these 3:
Polytech M14 (.308)
Bulgarian AK (7.62x39)
Century Galil (.308)... I've read bad things about these Galil copies, people seem to have a lot of problems with them, I just always wanted one for some reason.
Last edited by Drunk_Squid on Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Manoil wrote:Why get a Kalashnikov when you can have a taste'a these guns?
is this fucking real D:
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Squid:

You're selling a Moss? What the fuck, man? I've got the 590 and it's fucking sex. Couldn't think of a better home gun.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

Why a belgian AK?
PiP

Post by PiP »

Aonaran wrote:home gun
:crazy:
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

PiP wrote:
Aonaran wrote:home gun
:crazy:
As in a gun...for the home? The sound a shotgun makes when a shell is racked into the chamber is one of the most recognizable in the world. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say it has puckered the asshole of many a home invader.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

The sound of an eager flame has quietened the heart of many a home owner.

What is the sound of an eager flame ?

Inevitability. :drunk:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I think what Blargh is trying to say is, he wants you to shoot yourself in the face.

And by you, he means all of us.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Drunk_Squid
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Drunk_Squid »

Caleb wrote:Why a belgian AK?
Because it is mid priced, I don't wanna spend too much on an AK, otherwise if I always heard good things about the cheap Romanian WASR10s which are found everywhere I would consider that because I'm not spending a lot on an AK but also don't want a piece of shit. And if I bought one it's gonna be a plain stock/handguard (don't care if it's wood or polymer), buy a few more mags and a bunch of cheap ammo and I'm done.
Oh and am I thinking of Bulgarian, not Belgian?
It's whatever line of rifles is offered by Atlantic Firearms(?)..
Yeah duh my bad, I meant Bulgarian. Belgium is FN and all that.

Don't need a shotgun if I have this, and yes I will have to pull the charging handle back so it makes a sound too if it's that important, plus it is shorter and I am more confident with it than a shotgun, but yes shotguns are nice I just want to sell some of my firearms because I need money that's all)

My M4gery:

edited to add this

Yes those are my 3 options, a Polytech (Chinese) M14, a Bulgarian AK, or a Century Galil (just because I like how they look and have always wanted one, and something different than another AR15, although I've heard many negative reviews).
My friend has a G3 clone, I think it's called a PTR91, I hate it. It's uncomfortable, I hate the sights, and it has a delayed recoil. I shot a Springfield M1A Scout that had aftermarket iron sights, or maybe it was just the front sight post I don't know, but I loved it and it was accurate as fuck. And my other friend has an M1A SOCOM with an Aimpoint on top, it's nice but I'd rather have a plain full size M1A/M14 with irons. And I shot someone else's AK, I don't know what kind but I didn't mind it AT ALL, I'm just not sure.

Oh yeah and someday I would like to take my 10/22 to a gunsmith and have it threaded for a silencer, that would be nice. Either that or buy an Armstech silencer for one of my ARs (it fits directly onto an A2 flashider, therefore no new muzzle device needed, which is important since mine is "permanently" pinned/welded to bring the barrel length to a legal minimum). And a hydraulic buffer(?) or I guess a 9mm AR buffer would be nice to have if I had any cycling issues with the suppressor, however I don't know much about them all I know is they run your weapon harder and point of impact can change up to about an inch at 100m, which is normal.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Retlaw83 wrote:I think what Blargh is trying to say is, he wants you to shoot yourself in the face.

And by you, he means all of us.
git out of my thred or ur ded.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

I was going to say, belgian sounds unnecessarily expensive. I have a wasr 10...definitely not a bad rifle. Mine came w/ an old school 4 mag leather carrying pouch, two mags, bayonet, sling. If its the same kit as a warning it's sighted in for the bayonet. Bulgarian from what I understand, either stamped or milled, are a bit more durable due to the bulgarian rounds being a bit hotter. The metal is a bit heavier and more heat resistant.

Overall AK's are a joy since you never really need to give them a hard cleaning, take down is easy in a pinch, and the things are fucking tanks. Not the most accurate(edit: by accurate i mean not as good as an AR at 100 yds, even at 50 a head sized grouping is quite easy) but a 7.62 round compared to a 5.56 will do quite a bit more damage and isn't stopped by flimsy things like doors/siding/walls.

On a side note just put some money down(picking it up in 2 weeks) on an Armscor 1911. Basically the same as the RIA 1911 mentioned above but 3.5" barrel, nicer finish, and some of the creature comforts of a modern 1911.
Our Host!