Fully Customizable NPC Mod (acKlint2)

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Dodger
SDF!
SDF!

Fully Customizable NPC Mod (acKlint2)

Post by Dodger »

I've been receiving requests for this file from people that didnt get a chance to download it before my site and forum went down so i hosted it again at geocities and going to pm admins about adding it to nma collection. previous thread got trashed with comments on my site's downtimes so i'll start a new one:

Brief Description: This MOD gives you a fully customizable NPC that will change his appearance for each type of armor he's wearing accordingly. He joins you right in the beginnig of the game by the Temple of Trials. This feature was never really implemented in the game engine so this MOD is actually more of a cool hack.

Features and In-Depth View:
This MOD is based on the Friendly Klint MOD Beta by Jargo FMC, that was never fully developed. So I took my time and went through all the Proto files and adjusted the settings accordingly for each and every type of Armor, except the Robes (you can still wear them with default stats, which would be about appropriate unless its Bridgekeeper's robes).
Note: By stats here I mean all the skills and stats, including Armor Class and all the rest.

From the Beta version most of the dialogues have been updated. Fixed the bug that wasn't allowing any changes in NPC stats, hence forcing you to use the initial stats, regardless of the type of armor you put on him, and also preventing him from leveling up. Now your NPC will have an appropriate amount of AC and DR for each armor. He will also learn new skills and abilities with each armor upgrade in addition to the default leveling up. This makes him a very unique and flexible NPC that is not limited in any way and can be useful all the way through to the very end of the game and beyond. All the Combat Control options have been enabled for this NPC, since he's so handy.
Note: His Herbal Medicine Skill will only work with his initial appearance as a tribal (no armor).

Download

Enjoy and drop me a line at gmodder@gmail.com sometime. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as I plan on further improving this MOD and releasing an SDK for it in the future.
derekdoo
SDF!
SDF!

Post by derekdoo »

hey when i try to run it with modrunner it says cant open, also dat extracter cant open it either, sorry i usually use nma but my school blocked it =[
Dodger
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Dodger »

the file had a 'read only' attribute, thats what caused the problem but its all fixed now.
Patrick
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Patrick »

Son of a bitch. The link wont work :anger:
Our Host!