A better mouse trap.

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

A better mouse trap.

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

So I've got a bunch of mice. I've got 6 traps set up in random places throughout the house. This morning the bait was snatched, but the traps had not gone off. We also have a bunch of Decon poison in all the mouse "routes".

Opinions on the best bait? Suggestions on the best traps for very small mice? I'm thinking it might be easier to use the humanitarian glue traps just to catch them. I can club them like tiny baby seals later.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

When I see mice around my house (rare occasions, usually in the fall) I follow them around with a broom, trying to stab them with the wooden end of my vicious weapon. If I fail... Oh well, the bloody bugger can't hide forever, now can he?
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Cats.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well 'dem too, but we don't allow them inside the house. They keep the rats away from the whole premises, though.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Cats, for REAL

Setting up traps randomly around the house? Like on top of the tv and in the bath? Put them in low cupboards and stuff, or around the trash. Mostly undisturbed, darker places in the weed mabye. Also find out where the mice are coming from and block it up with solid gold.
:chew:
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

You know you want it.
Serious Business.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

Yes, I want that gun. Shotgun used in Columbine schoolshootout. Then sell it on eBay.
EDIT: Good for hunting mice too.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

You have to wonder what happened to the guns used by fameous mass shooters like Columbine kids or that clocktower sniper. I bet there are people who'd pay a lot of money for them.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

Propably 'dissappear' like cocaine.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

D:
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Getting glue traps tomorrow. I wouldn't have a cat in the house. There are enough in the neighborhood wandering around anyway. They're the reason the mice are now in the house. As well as all the rain that flooded my backyard last week.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

ApTyp wrote:You have to wonder what happened to the guns used by fameous mass shooters like Columbine kids
I think that there was this Columbine exhibition a while back, they had a bunch of stuff from Columbine.. Shell casings, the guns, monitors with bullet holes, and so on. D:
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

Why do they act like it was the first school shooting evah? :chew:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

If you burn down your house, the mice won't remain problematic. Mice hate ashes.

Have you tried talking with them ? They can be rather understanding under appropriate circumstances. I.e : Held by their tail(s) over a bunsen burner or food processor. It is recommended by 11 out of 10 dietitians that you make an example of What Will Be If Certain Issues Are Not Resolved. Be firm and needlessly violent. A winning combination.

Toxic gas could be the ticket.

EDITED BECAUSE I CAN. :drunk:
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Those passive traps with the hinged door work very well for capturing mice too small and annoying to get smashed by the spring traps.

The only problem is if you forget about them and find a wonderfull fuzzy pile of spoo and bones and stink. Not to mention that it captures them ALIVE.

Oh well, everything has its drawbacks.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Re: A better mouse trap.

Post by johnnygothisgun »

ExtremeRyno wrote:So I've got a bunch of mice. I've got 6 traps set up in random places throughout the house. This morning the bait was snatched, but the traps had not gone off. We also have a bunch of Decon poison in all the mouse "routes".

Opinions on the best bait? Suggestions on the best traps for very small mice? I'm thinking it might be easier to use the humanitarian glue traps just to catch them. I can club them like tiny baby seals later.
Just a heads up, incase your clubbing comment was a joke, the glue traps will require you to kill the rodent, because there's not a chance you're getting it off one of those little pads. Wouldn't make a terrible amount of sense, either, unless you were to drop the offending rodents off several miles away, because unfortunately, they'll come right on back unless you confuse them.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

I saw a plain old snap trap fitted with a shotgun shell. When the trap slams a ball bearing taped to the primer, the shell explodes, acting like a small grenade. Very cool if you want people to think you're a crazy Vietnam veteran.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

My grandma taught me how to club mice when I was just a little Ryno. At my parents house we had rats under out deck....I went after them with big knives...So these 5 or so little mice are gonna get the baseball/tennisball treatment.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

WE use peanutbutter as bait, its kinda sticky so they have to tug it a bit which can usually set off the traps. We also use poison kibbles or whatever they are. Those work the best but the mice can lay down and die anywhere.

We also urinate in the corners off the room, supposedly human urine is supposed to keep them away. My dad heard about it, but aren't mice/rats sonaminous with poop sewers?
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

Rats are, to an extent, but I think pissing in a corner would give you a wealth of new problems.
Our Host!