Help with great bend mission

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Mr_Newbie
SDF!
SDF!

Help with great bend mission

Post by Mr_Newbie »

i've killed all the robots, and i've been told to go to the exit grid, i've even talked to the npc's around, but the exit grid isnt showing up, what have i done wrong?
A_M
Respected
Respected

Re: Help with great bend mission

Post by A_M »

Mr_Newbie wrote:i've killed all the robots, and i've been told to go to the exit grid, i've even talked to the npc's around, but the exit grid isnt showing up, what have i done wrong?
Is this the one, where you encounter robots for the first time ? If this is it, than maybe you forgot to destroy the broken pacification bot ?

If i remember correct, when you leave the Pbot the mission will be sucesfull, but the exit grid won't show.
Mr_Newbie
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mr_Newbie »

nope, killed the p-bot, spoke to jake, the girl hiding in the shack, the hooker and the guy near the factory who's pissed off about the brotherhood taking his sister
A_M
Respected
Respected

Post by A_M »

Hmmm. I remember the grid is near the down-left corner of the screen, try to position yer group there (you have to go trough something like a press used to change cars to scrap metal)

BTW. - Do you have the game patched to the newest version? Without the patch fuck up's like "no exit grid" may happen.
Mr_Newbie
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mr_Newbie »

nope, i think same thing happened when i patched it, might take a look at my character, i might have gone overboard on editing him fine, yet its had no problems so far
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

If you've got the victory message and the objective has been marked complete then the exit grids should be on. Go back to an earlier saved game (assuming you've got one) and kill the last few robots.

If the problem persists you'll have to replay the mission. Especially if you encountered the problem and then patched the game, you'll have to re-start from before the mission, hopefully you've got a save in the bunker or on the word map before you've entered the mission.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

"The last two robots in the area are a sleeping humanoid (or prone, whatever) and a load lifter. You have the option of fighting them normally or drawing them into a charge and leading them south to a switch. Hit the switch to activate a hydraulic press that should kill them both before they reach you. This conserves ammo and is fun Killing these two achieves your objective and opens the grid. Turn off the press so you can move the rest of your squad out."

I copypasted this from a walkthrough, you can check it if you missed anything. I can't remember anything from FoT myself.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

The exit grid is directly across the bottom of the map from your starting position. It should look like a fenced off area with a dead mutant in it.

I had the same problem with this mission, because I assumed that the exit grid would be where I entered the mission from.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

isn't it through the hydraulic press?
does this work
A_M
Respected
Respected

Post by A_M »

fallout ranger wrote:isn't it through the hydraulic press?
It is (or at least should be).
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

The map has two seperate exit grids.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Mr_Newbie
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mr_Newbie »

i found it, that'll teach me to play tactics at midnight
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

tactics is a really boring game to play all the way through.
does this work
DatAshe
SDF!
SDF!

Post by DatAshe »

VasikkA wrote:"The last two robots in the area are a sleeping humanoid (or prone, whatever) and a load lifter. You have the option of fighting them normally or drawing them into a charge and leading them south to a switch. Hit the switch to activate a hydraulic press that should kill them both before they reach you. This conserves ammo and is fun Killing these two achieves your objective and opens the grid. Turn off the press so you can move the rest of your squad out."

I copypasted this from a walkthrough, you can check it if you missed anything. I can't remember anything from FoT myself.

I was stuck there as well ... didnt know you could turn it off again :/
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

DatAshe wrote:
VasikkA wrote:"The last two robots in the area are a sleeping humanoid (or prone, whatever) and a load lifter. You have the option of fighting them normally or drawing them into a charge and leading them south to a switch. Hit the switch to activate a hydraulic press that should kill them both before they reach you. This conserves ammo and is fun Killing these two achieves your objective and opens the grid. Turn off the press so you can move the rest of your squad out."

I was stuck there as well ... didnt know you could turn it off again :/
All hail Search Engines!
Our Host!