Help Please

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
XILLER
SDF!
SDF!

Help Please

Post by XILLER »

I recently got Fallout Tactics I installed it on my PC and I tried to run it and I get a Black Screen. Technical support didn't help. I tried it on a friends PC and it worked fine. Im running it on a 1.6GHz 386Mb ram 64mb GForce2, DVD, 40Gb hard disc.
X-ILLER
G.E.T.
Him a Gun
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Do you have the most up-to-date version DirectX on your PC?
XILLER
SDF!
SDF!

Post by XILLER »

Yeh I've got DirectX 8.1
All my driver are compatable too.
X-ILLER
G.E.T.
Him a Gun
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

See if this will help.......

http://www.forumplanet.com/RPGPlanet/fa ... tid=591068
*after installing the patch for FoT (to 1.27), go into your MILES directory and delete these files:

Mssa3d.m3d
Mssa3d2.m3d
XILLER
SDF!
SDF!

Post by XILLER »

Thanks Slider it works great now. :D
X-ILLER
G.E.T.
Him a Gun
Softwisper
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Softwisper »

I postedthis problem under general discussion but noone seems to know how to fix it.

I reinstalled FOT on my pc, I have one of those removable Harddrives so i put the maximum install on one drive. I then found the patch downloaded it and every time I attempt to run the patch it says that the game is not installed on the computer. Does anyone know what files the patch overwrites? or if there is a way to make it "find" the game?

the most i can figure is it is looking for a particular pointer in windows or something annoying like that

any help would be great, an BTW thanks again for the springfield mission heheh that one was fun, I blew up the mayor after his speach just for fun (saved first of course ) guess I always have a short fuse for when it comes to bigots lol :onfire:
I am ready to meet my maker. I only hope he is up for the ordeal.

In life 2 things are garenteed, Death and taxs. You spend your whole life paying one and saving for the other.
Our Host!