Kinda Wierd. Body Bridge?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Kinda Wierd. Body Bridge?

Post by Radoteur »

In the Boneyard.
Gun Runners Fortress.
I'm running around minding my own business, (as usual) and i see that some Gun Runner takes 20 points of damage. Brushing it aside as yet another bug, i continue. I come back a little later and the Gun Runner takes even more damage, eventually resulting in death. I was freaked out by now. I was ready to line up the NPC's for execution.
I was suprised when the Gun Runners were still friendly. I was pretty curious as to what happened to the Gun Runner. (Of course, greed may have also driven me.) I come upon a Gun Runner lying dead in the radioactive moat.

"What a way to go."

So i do the first thing that comes to my head. Loot the body. I can't let it go to waste now. Then i realize i can cross the moat over the Gun Runner's body. There was a slight side effect. My friends didn't seem to like walking over the body. I didn't really mind. The Body Bridge became a Bodies Bridge.

If you want to see some pictures, tell me.
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

Mkay... Nobody has looked at this, and i don't care.
I'm going to put the pictures up with captions. And there is nothing you can do to stop meh!

Ah! What is this! A dead Gun Runner? It does not seem to be from natural causes.

Hmmm... NPC's seem to be suseptible to the effects of the radiated moat. Good thing i'm not.
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

How'd you get the gunrunner over there?

I knew that I could cross there but always suffer some HP loss but I have never heard of this before. :)
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

I didn't.
Truthfully, I was taking advantage of a bug that gave me 1000 exp per shot. Basically it consisted of running between warehouse and gabriel telling Gab i finished the quest. Each time i leave, it would reset, so i could keep reclaiming my 1000 exp. At the time it seemed like a good idea.

I told them i wanted all their weapons n stuff, so the gunrunners started wandering... Looks like this guy wandered somewhere he didn't want to wander.

Coming soon: Talking dogs, Oh my!
d0gm3at
SDF!
SDF!

Post by d0gm3at »

das ist fricken cool
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Hmmm...coolies, although nothing is really stopping you from taking the normal way across, is it?
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

Nice... I love these fun little random things that happen now and then!
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Who cares if it's practical or not - it's k3wl and I like it :P
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

Well, actually, in one of the other times i went into the Gun Runner's place, all four of my NPC's got tangled up on the bridge with the guard.

I guess you can say that i was slightly perturbed. I killed everyone, then loaded a saved game.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Heheh, pretty cool, Radoteur. Although I can only wonder what type of dumb-dum would walk into radiactive moat. Unless he was blind. No wait, he's a Gunrunner, not a FO2 beta tester.
Radoteur wrote:Well, actually, in one of the other times i went into the Gun Runner's place, all four of my NPC's got tangled up on the bridge with the guard.

I guess you can say that i was slightly perturbed. I killed everyone, then loaded a saved game.
I always hated that. I wish you would have been able to "shove" people out of the way like in FO2. Would have prevented a lot of reloads for me....
fuck
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

Sense bugs in FO2, I do.
Waste my money on it, I shall anyways.
Our Host!