Destoryable Doors

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Two of my favourite expressions, 'you're never too old' and 'You're only as old as the woman you feel'. :hug:

I have most of the images, just need to convert them. Ah well got two and a half maps left to tile first.

I did think of making an invisible barrier to protect the door, but since I don't have photoshop I couldn't make the sprite.

I thought if you make the sprite slightly bigger than a door for example 13 high and 8 wide, but the image should only be 4 pixels. 1 in each corner. Make the entity bounding box the same dimensions and etheral on death. Then place it in front of the door. You could either move it or deactivate it to allow npcs to use the door and move it back etc to block the player.

The player would need to destroy the barrier, though it would look like they were attacking the door. Don't know if it would work or not.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:Two of my favourite expressions, 'you're never too old' and 'You're only as old as the woman you feel'. :hug:
Well, you may be right about the sex part, but let me tell you, you do get too old for the Infantry, and very rapidly. :lol:

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Perhaps at your age it's a choice of one or the other. Or it's :dead: for you. :hahano:
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Well, if you want an update...

I've been trying to hook up with a 30-y/o woman who holds a Master's in Theology -- ironic, an atheist falling for a theologist, eh? -- who has no children, and has never been married. Well, she got a job teaching at a Gymnasium, and she seems to have turned her back on pretty much everything from the previous phase of her life...including me. Not even tracking her down with a half-dozen red roses in her hand seems to have made an impression on her. In her honor I've consumed quite a bit of alcohol, which hasn't seemed to make any sort of impression on her...

Oh well, I'm going out and consuming more beer tonight, and I'm thinkin' the 30-y/o stripper I met last weekend might make a suitable substitute. :lol:

Cheers,

OTB
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

OnTheBounce wrote:Well, if you want an update...

I've been trying to hook up with a 30-y/o woman who holds a Master's in Theology -- ironic, an atheist falling for a theologist, eh? -- who has no children, and has never been married. Well, she got a job teaching at a Gymnasium, and she seems to have turned her back on pretty much everything from the previous phase of her life...including me. Not even tracking her down with a half-dozen red roses in her hand seems to have made an impression on her. In her honor I've consumed quite a bit of alcohol, which hasn't seemed to make any sort of impression on her...
You forgot to do the vomitting, that always makes an impression. Ah well that's what you get for dating younger women. :)
OnTheBounce wrote:Oh well, I'm going out and consuming more beer tonight, and I'm thinkin' the 30-y/o stripper I met last weekend might make a suitable substitute. :lol:

Cheers,

OTB
Remember simple these formulas
:drunk: + :dribble: + :chick: = :hammer: = :sperm: = :anger: , :sadblinky:

:brushteeth: + :chick: + :whip: = :sex: = :love: = :salute:, :thumbsup:, :peace:
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:You forgot to do the vomitting, that always makes an impression. Ah well that's what you get for dating younger women. :)
:lol: Actually, she saw me really drunk a while back and seemed impressed when I told her that I didn't get sick.
requiem wrote:Remember simple these formulas...
ROFL!

Okay, I'm going to be in Bamberg all week taking a demolition course, which culminates in a trip to a live fire range at Grafenwoehr where we get to put what we've learned to use...

Take care, guys, and I hope I come back with all of my fingers...

Cheers,

OTB
Our Host!