Land of the Dead preview-screening review

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Land of the Dead preview-screening review

Post by Mr. Teatime »

<strong>[ Film & TV -> Review ]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://wikipocalypse.duckandcover.cx/in ... title=Land of the Dead">Film & TV: Land of the Dead</a>

<p>Some guy <a target="_self" href="http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index. ... sfull">got to see an advance screening of Land of the Dead</a>, and wasn't overly impressed. It's full of spoilers so I haven't read most of it, but here's the PROS section:</p>
<blockquote>
<p><em>
PROS: Good jump-out scares! Good nasty & scary zombie bites! Good
musical score -- luckily NO rock music like in the trailer! Though
there IS a Latin Rap song during a circus type "club" scene. Good open
ending for a sequel. </em> </p></blockquote>
<p>Since I haven't read it, I can't really comment, but I'll wait to see it myself before judging.

</p>
<blockquote>
</blockquote><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.bloody-disgusting.com">Bloody-Disgusting.com</a></p>
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I just saw the trailer yesterday at the theater and it really look like it's nothing out of the ordinary. It lost that cheap feeling the old ones had, and with it all the interest.
Grimnar
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Grimnar »

S4ur0n27 wrote:I just saw the trailer yesterday at the theater and it really look like it's nothing out of the ordinary. It lost that cheap feeling the old ones had, and with it all the interest.
yeah ure right, some of the factors that made the oldies so good was in fact the cheap feeling. The new dawn wasnt too bad though.
"We have OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone-scorpions" -Chucky Cuevas
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I agree the new dawn was pretty good, but it didn't try to do more than the oldies, like BETTER, BIGGER, MORE GORE. It just went "action and blood!".
Radman2307
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Radman2307 »

Wow really didnt expect this film to have a lesbian make out scene but whatever.
'They say people dont believe in heroes anymore... Well im going to give them back their hero.'

pasha
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

Post by pasha »

hmnnnn...........
Looking forward!!
hmnnnnnnn............
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Really hope the new Dead movie avoids the "jump out scares" like 28 Days Later managed to avoid, which I feel is one of the better high(er) production zombie movies done. Also I just recently saw the original Dawn (Refuse to see the remake because the original was about excesses of society and really, what is more excessive than making a remake? especially when you neuter the social commentary) and think it has alot of the elements in 28 Days that made it a good zombie flick. Didn't rely on jump out editing tricks for scares and wasn't overly geared towards scares as much as storytelling and survival. Difference between a good Resident Evil game and a House of the Dead Zombie arcade shooter. Hope Romero doesn't pull a Lucas and sell out his vision on this one.
Our Host!