Duck and Cover Forum Index

Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 Land of the Dead preview-screening review View next topic
View previous topic
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[ Film & TV -> Review ] - More info on Film & TV: Land of the Dead

Some guy got to see an advance screening of Land of the Dead, and wasn't overly impressed. It's full of spoilers so I haven't read most of it, but here's the PROS section:

PROS: Good jump-out scares! Good nasty & scary zombie bites! Good musical score -- luckily NO rock music like in the trailer! Though there IS a Latin Rap song during a circus type "club" scene. Good open ending for a sequel.

Since I haven't read it, I can't really comment, but I'll wait to see it myself before judging.

Spotted @ Bloody-Disgusting.com

S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just saw the trailer yesterday at the theater and it really look like it's nothing out of the ordinary. It lost that cheap feeling the old ones had, and with it all the interest.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
Grimnar
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

S4ur0n27 wrote:
I just saw the trailer yesterday at the theater and it really look like it's nothing out of the ordinary. It lost that cheap feeling the old ones had, and with it all the interest.

yeah ure right, some of the factors that made the oldies so good was in fact the cheap feeling. The new dawn wasnt too bad though.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree the new dawn was pretty good, but it didn't try to do more than the oldies, like BETTER, BIGGER, MORE GORE. It just went "action and blood!".
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
Radman2307
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow really didnt expect this film to have a lesbian make out scene but whatever.
pasha
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hmnnnn...........
Looking forward!!
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Really hope the new Dead movie avoids the "jump out scares" like 28 Days Later managed to avoid, which I feel is one of the better high(er) production zombie movies done. Also I just recently saw the original Dawn (Refuse to see the remake because the original was about excesses of society and really, what is more excessive than making a remake? especially when you neuter the social commentary) and think it has alot of the elements in 28 Days that made it a good zombie flick. Didn't rely on jump out editing tricks for scares and wasn't overly geared towards scares as much as storytelling and survival. Difference between a good Resident Evil game and a House of the Dead Zombie arcade shooter. Hope Romero doesn't pull a Lucas and sell out his vision on this one.

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic