Duck and Cover Forum Index

Use these links, buy stuff from Amazon and help us out, nubs.
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de
  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 Update on the English version of The Fall View next topic
View previous topic
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[ Game -> Update ] - More info on Company: Silver Style | More info on Game: The Fall: Last Days of Gaia

It appears that Silver Style is looking for an English Mr. Right...publisher, that is. A moderator on the SSE forums posted the following bit on their boards.

First off, you are right that the game seems to be taking a while to get out to the english market. Everything you said rings true. But rest assured that SSE is indeed talking with publishers and ironing out details. SSE's previous english release was a game called 'Soldiers of Anarchy'. It was pretty fun, but the english publisher for that game(Simon and Schuster) did a really poor job of localization and advertisement. Most of the english gaming public has never heard of it, and it's really a fun game. I'm thinking that SSE really wants to make sure they get the english release down right. I know it's hard to wait. Trust me, I've been waiting over a year and a half. Rest assured, though, that SSE is working on getting us the english release. They aren't just concentrating on fixing the bugs and stuff, negotiations are going on as we speak.

Well, according to a lot of game reviews, shouldn't fixing the bugs be the only thing they're working on right now? Still, I'd like to see an English version of this game sometime in the near future.

Spotted @ No Mutants Allowed

S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We'll see FO3 before the Fall.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know why this was considered newsworthy. The moderators know as much as forum regulars. Carsten has been saying the same thing for a year now.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SSE Asshole wrote:
It was pretty fun, but the english publisher for that game(Simon and Schuster) did a really poor job of localization and advertisement.

Well, yeah, they probably did, but let's not forget that Silver Style did a really poor job of making the game in the first place.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mad Max RW wrote:
I don't know why this was considered newsworthy. The moderators know as much as forum regulars. Carsten has been saying the same thing for a year now.

Yip, you're right, our bad.

Also, I added this on the NMA fora as a kind of retraction:

Quote:
EDIT from Kharn:

The line "But rest assured that SSE is indeed talking with publishers and ironing out details." seem to hint that SSE is still in negotation stages when it comes to translation and publishing. As far as we know, this is not true. From Carsten Strehse, highlight in the original:

You don't need to worry about the English translation. It was done by very experienced natives. Same for the speech. Our US partner spent a lot of money for it...

This rather blatant hint is more hopeful when it comes to SSE's possible release than Tayl's post

Since Tayl is more-or-less wrong.

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic