Ethereal Units?

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Ethereal Units?

Post by PaladinHeart »

I've been going through my dusty old notebooks, and I just found a question that should have been, but never was, asked.

Does anyone know how to get ghostly colored units in FOT? I remember those brahmin sneaking around that one special encounter (were they sneaking or actually ghostly colored?).

Well anyway can you get that ethereal look for super mutants? That'd be great for anyone that wanted nightkin in the game.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

They were special sprites (more time wasted on random and special encounters grrr). Probably the only way you can see someone sneaking is if they are friendly to you or on the same team.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Post by PaladinHeart »

Crud. That sucks. Ah well, it's not like the Nightkin have to be ethereal. There wasn't really much distinction between them and normal super mutants in the regular game anyway, aside from them being a little bit tougher (at least I think they were?).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

[TBC]-PaladinHeart wrote:Ah well, it's not like the Nightkin have to be ethereal.
No, but it'd still be nice to be able to get the StealthBoy working; which is something the designers were probably looking at doing since (if memory serves) there was a sprite included for it.

Of course, the odds of us getting a workablel solution are pathetically slim...

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

OnTheBounce wrote:
[TBC]-PaladinHeart wrote:Ah well, it's not like the Nightkin have to be ethereal.
No, but it'd still be nice to be able to get the StealthBoy working; which is something the designers were probably looking at doing since (if memory serves) there was a sprite included for it.

Of course, the odds of us getting a workablel solution are pathetically slim...

OTB
hi there !

how 's life back at the army ? is everything ok ? :yes:
It's about *beep*in' time some backup got here! Quote by Paladin Solo. ( FOT )

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who do the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload. ... ile_id=762
Our Host!