Bethsada isn't a bad company

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Xi
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Xi »

In simple comparisons of who would do the best with the Fallout 3 license.

Hands down it would be Bethesda.

Troika - Went out of business because they couldn't get a loyal following of true fans. There games weren't that good. Sorry.

Obsidian - KOTOR 2 was such a great game! They rushed it to make money. Yeah, what a GREAT company for the FO3 license.

Bethesda - HUGE following of dedicated fans. More experience in the industry then either of the 2 previous developers. More money to throw at the project due to past successes. Independant developer.

Now, Obsidian wouldn't be a terrible choice either, but they aren't trying to reinvent the wheel. They would rehash the same exact design of the old games quickly and only to turn a quick profit and get out.

I know the reinvention of the wheel is scary for a fan, but if a company doesn't consistantly continue to change and grow, it will go out of business because it will fail to create anything spectacular.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Hm, are you that OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone from #oldwarez?
Xi
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Xi »

No.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Oh. :sadblinky:
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

I'll take a well-made Fallout FPS over buggy Fallout RPG filled with highly questionable design choices any day.
Screaming_Dude_in_Vegas
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Screaming_Dude_in_Vegas »

Xi wrote: I know the reinvention of the wheel is scary for a fan, but if a company doesn't consistantly continue to change and grow, it will go out of business because it will fail to create anything spectacular.
Well anyone who thinks that interplay would have kept the isometric view is crazy. A movable camera in a 3d world is just so much better. They might have even thrown away the hex grid too, in favor of distance based "point and click" system.

As for the lack of turn-basedness, bethsada isn't that stupid. People forget that TES was always an RPG thrown into an action engine, it's not like bethsoft had always bean making a top down, turn based RPG and then decided to make a first person real time game.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

THE OBJECTIVITY, IT MAKES MY EYES BLEED. :drunk:
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Ees' pleehn a' float! Image
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Screaming_Dude_in_Vegas wrote: Well anyone who thinks that interplay would have kept the isometric view is crazy
They did keep the isometric view though.
http://www.duckandcover.cx/gallery/disp ... m=12&pos=3
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Naught seen'at befarr. Mare leeky' saucers? Image
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

St. Toxic wrote:Image

Ees' pleehn a' float! Image
's brilliant. :drunk:
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Does it mean "I'll swallow your soul"? :lmao:
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Well anyone who thinks that interplay would have kept the isometric view is crazy. A movable camera in a 3d world is just so much better. They might have even thrown away the hex grid too, in favor of distance based "point and click" system.
So you like standing next to a burned down house with an empty fuel can and hand full of matches? :?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Xi wrote:Obsidian - KOTOR 2 was such a great game!
WRONG ANSWER
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Xi wrote:Obsidian - KOTOR 2 was such a great game!
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

I believe he was speaking in an exaggerated tone. Had he been a normal forum member, he would have end that statement with a :drunk: or possibly an :aiee:
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Xi
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Xi »

Lets try this again:

"Obsidian - KOTOR 2 was such a great game! They rushed it to make money. Yeah, what a GREAT company for the FO3 license. "

Ahem....

KOTOR 2 is a pile of fucking dirty condoms covered in sperm glazed ass hairs. :aiee: It wasn't designed for the sake of good gaming. It was designed to steal money from the poor fuckwads who bought a sequel to a good game.

All I was getting at is that Bethesda is a good company. Hopefully they do something that captures a part of everyones idea of FO3.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

See assholes...I was right.

And yes, after having learned quite a few things, interacted with various people, etc etc, I can heartily say that I like Bethesda.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

What is this ? Six posts !? WHAT OF YOUR OATH, XI ? WHAT OF YOUR PROMISE ?!

The sound of glass fragmenting and scattering across the ground was my innocence. SUNDERED BY THE DECEITFUL XI. :drunk:
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Xi wrote:Lets try this again:

"Obsidian - KOTOR 2 was such a great game! They rushed it to make money. Yeah, what a GREAT company for the FO3 license. "

Ahem....

KOTOR 2 is a pile of fucking dirty condoms covered in sperm glazed ass hairs. :aiee: It wasn't designed for the sake of good gaming. It was designed to steal money from the poor fuckwads who bought a sequel to a good game.

All I was getting at is that Bethesda is a good company. Hopefully they do something that captures a part of everyones idea of FO3.
aye ok then
:chew:
Our Host!