new location

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Skin Killer
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

new location

Post by Skin Killer »

dont you think it wuold be interesting if fallout 3 would be somewhere in russia. how the world changed there. and some hero destroys the rest of the enclawe there.
Knight
Respected
Respected

Post by Knight »

Enclave and Russia? No, no, no my little peta worm. The Enclave you see, were the remnants of the dark government of the good ol' United States of America. Now, see Russia does not have the Enclave. It has communism and KGB. Although it would very interesting too be in Russia.
Imagine going across a snow covered wasteland meeting small towns here and there. There should be know similarties to what was happening in America. No raiders. They should be wild animals, very wild. 8)
"The new world is a dangerous place." - Knight
n305er
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by n305er »

Like Diablo's LOD expension pack?
Skin Killer
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Skin Killer »

no something like raiders must be there
some russians robbers but something like NAEZDNIKI - russian for raiders
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

I would like it to stay near the FO RPGs by either going a little south or north. I think that moving it to a totally differrent location might only work if it stayed in the US.

Who else had vaults besides the US? Maybe some other countries had some but probably not even close to the number that are in the US.

Also you then have to make new weapons for a different country and more factions that have no tie to the other factions from the originals. So it would lose even more of the story(imo) and for me personally I wouldn't buy it if it moved to different country.

Might be good for FOOL to have many different locations/countries but thats about it.
Skin Killer
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Skin Killer »

Slider wrote:I would like it to stay near the FO RPGs by either going a little south or north. I think that moving it to a totally differrent location might only work if it stayed in the US.

Who else had vaults besides the US? Maybe some other countries had some but probably not even close to the number that are in the US.

Also you then have to make new weapons for a different country and more factions that have no tie to the other factions from the originals. So it would lose even more of the story(imo) and for me personally I wouldn't buy it if it moved to different country.

Might be good for FOOL to have many different locations/countries but thats about it.
about the vault thing. russia can build vaults for the war. dont you think
Knight
Respected
Respected

Post by Knight »

Yes, Russians may have built vualts.
--------
What do you think happened to the neutral countries of the world? They still have to be around but are dying off from the radiation! :P
"The new world is a dangerous place." - Knight
DansingMungki
Respected
Respected

Post by DansingMungki »

Id assume that during the cold war nearly every single country built Vault type underground bases. I know theres several in England and Id be very surprised if Russia didnt have any due to themn being a major part of the cold war.

I'd like to see Fallout 3 stay around the california area, maybe take in a little Canada and Mexico. I want it to based in the same area but just have more of it. Moving to a new country would lose the games 50's style Americana design.
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Russia may have had vaults but I don't think they would even be close to the concentraition level as the Americans would have them. Especially since the US was the richest country they would have the most vaults and therefore the most people surviving and living after the war.
DansingMungki
Respected
Respected

Post by DansingMungki »

Concrete bunkers in your back yard doesnt actually count.

They wouldve only been a handfull of proper Vaults-tec style vaults, these all purpose underground cities and then it wouldve been only the most powerfull like senator and the president who had access to them.
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

I'm thinking Alaska would be a cool place, around the Alaskan frontline. Maybe not the entire game taking place thier but I think that would cool to see what was left up there.

Russia didn't have vaults. Since they were poor the subway/train stations in thier cities doubled as fallout shelters. At least that's what the History Channel said.
XILLER
SDF!
SDF!

Post by XILLER »

What about icolated places where it is extreemly unliekly that anyone would bother to launch a nuke. Like some islands or something. Anyway I thought the Fallout Bible said that the war was between US and China?
X-ILLER
G.E.T.
Him a Gun
DansingMungki
Respected
Respected

Post by DansingMungki »

If 1 country with nukes launches missiles you can bet every other country with em would launch em too, kind of a "were all fucked lets take me with us".
Skin Killer
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Skin Killer »

i think if russian scintist Saharov invented the most powerful weapon in the world i think that russians have also made vaults for their ppl
deathclaws rule
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Not sure what you're talking about on the most powerful weapon thing, but if it was invented after 1950 it shouldn't be involved in the FO timeline. Another factor that goes into making vaults is how much money you have to build them and the neccesary materials not having the plans to make them. IMO it should still stay in the US at least if not on the west coast.
Skin Killer
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Skin Killer »

Slider wrote:Not sure what you're talking about on the most powerful weapon thing, but if it was invented after 1950 it shouldn't be involved in the FO timeline. Another factor that goes into making vaults is how much money you have to build them and the neccesary materials not having the plans to make them. IMO it should still stay in the US at least if not on the west coast.
the weapon is called in russian Vodorodnaja Bomba it was more powerfull then the atom bomb. When russians used it for the first time the sound of the explosion went round the world 4 times.
deathclaws rule
DansingMungki
Respected
Respected

Post by DansingMungki »

Fallout has that Americana 50's style but it isnt set in a post apocalyptic world that ended in 1950. Unless its a major continuity error the Apocalypse came around 1990 so theres no reason why the russian mega bomb wouldnt be involved, afterall if the Desert Eagles etc. is in....
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Okay but because the russains have a mega bomb that has no relevance to whether FO3 should be worldwide or in Russia. Would the russians have the money or material to make vaults and if they did how many would they be able to make? I would say nothing like the scale that the American gov would be making them. Anyways a game Russia would have to be another game and not a Fallout game in Russia unless you can convince me why a game would be good elsewhere. What does Russia have that would make it even feasible to put a FO game there? Do they have FEV to make the mutations of animals/people? Because everything seems fine to me so why would a change of place be good other than just because it would be kewl to have it in another country.
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

They should and probably will keep it in America, since the game designers are probably Americans. Making it in a different country will probably be unlikely, because transportation is hard, and it would probably change the plot too much. I'm sure that there are unanswered questions associated with FO2 (Although i've never played it.)
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Skin Killer wrote:the weapon is called in russian Vodorodnaja Bomba it was more powerfull then the atom bomb. When russians used it for the first time the sound of the explosion went round the world 4 times.
Don't let the russian names confuse you!!!!

Vodorodnaja Bomba = HYDROGEN BOMB

:roll:
Our Host!