Duck and Cover Forum Index

Use these links, buy stuff from Amazon and help us out, nubs.
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de
  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 STALKER Updates View next topic
View previous topic
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[Game -> Preview] - More info on Company: GSC Game World | More info on Game: S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadows of Chernobyl

Oblivion Lost has been updated with some new STALKER material. STo start, they've posted a new calender page for their screenshot calender project.
april2005april2005(rus)

They then have a transcript from the French STALKER fansite stalkerol.com in which they spoke with THQ about the release of the game.
We have created silence which is respected by GSC, namely, in order to not name any release date yet. If you denounce that the game will hit stores in x months and then, one or two months beforehand, realise that this will not be the case, one is led to disappointment and frustration. Hence, we prefer not to say anything, complete the game, await the "gone gold"-announcement and then publish the game. The beta test, of course, is directly related to the timing of the development.
Lastly, the folks at Oblivion Lost have reported on GSC's presence at the Russian Game Developers Conference 2005.
Russian Game Developer Conference 2005 has just ended. GSC attended with Cossacks 2, and more importantly, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. demonstrated at its stand. Unfortunately GSC did not follow up on its promise to show off outdoor DX9 footage. On the upside is the fact that they did show a new build of the multiplayer. The graphics are beautiful, while the opinions on gameplay are split. See for yourself in our exclusive videos shot by SOKOL.
Note: The archive is compressed using 7-Zip. WinRar and 7-Zip can be used to decompress it.
This does a little to desuade my vapor fears, but with THQ denying to name a release date, I begin to lose hope. I'll equate it to this research paper I have to write. If the professor doesn't give me a release date, when do you think I'll do it? Probably at the end of the semester, or maybe never, since he didn't even specify that it was due at all. If you're in a business and you don't have set goals and waypoints for those goals, then I just don't know how you'd get anything accomplished.

Spotted @ Oblivion-Lost.com
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"When it's done" works well when you have endless cash to fund a SLAM DUNK title, like Half Life 2. I'm not sure how it will go for STALKER.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fez wrote:
"When it's done" works well when you have endless cash to fund a SLAM DUNK title, like Half Life 2. I'm not sure how it will go for STALKER.

I think it has created enough hype for them to be able to pull a 'Valve and HL2' without any bigger negative repercussions... maybe a couple of dedicated fans complaining and ranting.
Mismatch
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic