Fallout 3 gets mention

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
n305er
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Fallout 3 gets mention

Post by n305er »

I got this from NMA
Tuesday, June 11

Fallout 3 gets mentioned by Odin - 1:40 - Comment Me (0) - News Source: The Electronic Playground
After reading about Lionheart, and the various previews out there I stumbled onto this preview of Lionheart which mentioned Fallout 3:
At the Interplay booth, I bumped into Feargus Urquhart, the President of the Isle. I quizzed him about a potential Fallout 3. I thought I was taking a chance at him ordering the Black Isle/Reflexive crew to force me to eat a pile of free t-shirts, because that's got to be the thing he's always asked and I was worried he'd be sick of it. On the contrary, he discussed the possibility quite pleasantly. Nothing official has been announced (as I am sure you Fallout fans well know), but Urquhart does seem very interested in a third game, and in fact he still makes notes when he comes up with an idea for FO3, particularly if it's an old-time song that can be used in the opening movie...
Well, nothing new there...
Always happy to here Fallout 3 is still in some developer's head....
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Check the In the News forum sometime. :wink:
Grand Lord Penguin
Respected
Respected
Location: The secret underground lair- er, dojo of the Penguin style Kung-Fu

Post by Grand Lord Penguin »

Feargus will make a bad Fallout. Like Fallout 2, only worse.

Pray IPLY sells the lisence to Troika. Tim Cain will make a good Fallout. Like Fallout, only just as good or better.
Black Mage: She better have an antidote for FACE STABBIN'! 'Cause, ooh, her face is so stabbed when we get back!
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I read from somewhere that the demo films 'bout FO3 will be shown in E3!!!
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Thats not possible unless they're talking about next year's E3. :idea:
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

All things considered, I would rather have no FO3 than a Feargus FO3. Right now I doubt it will ever be made, and right now that's a good thing.
fuck
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

I agree, I would rather have no fallout 3 than a bad fallout 3. Of course they could always make some sort of expansion/remake of fallout 2. It wouldn't take as long to make and it wouldn't be that bad if its done right.
Zeb
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Zeb »

Yes, because Feargus is the Antichrist!!! BLACK ISLE IS A SPAWN OF SATAN HIMSELF!#

Also, where was it mentioned that Troika is interested in buying the license? I've just read an interview where Tim Cain said he'd love to work on FO3.
[Insert 40 lines of worthless quotes and a few 200 kb pictures here]
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

No Fallout 3 > Lame Fallout 3

I agree with that. When you follow the trend of Fallout games though, each one has gotten progressively worse in terms of moving away from the original. I think the best quote I've seen from Tim Cain was that he intended Fallout to be more about ethics in the setting than building a better plasma gun.

Fallout 2 was pretty much the "build a better plasma gun" approach when you think about it. There weren't that many ethical decisions other than the "I'll help if you pay me." ones, killing innocent people, and the whole Slaver thing. Even then, Fallout 2 was geared towards good characters which you can see from the lack of many of the evil type things you could do and the inability to get to SAD. Oh yeah, and the scripting errors for the evil ways to do thing, particularly the gauntlet screw up in San Francisco when fighting Dragon.

Rather than having all the gritty scenarios and post apocalyptic goodness of Fallout, there were nonhomogenous map locations, Monty Haul locations, nasty critters from Fallout who were not only friendly now but could also talk, and so on.

Then came Fallout Tactics, which, let's face it, was more of a dungeon crawler RPG than a tactical game. The lack of tactics required pretty much showed that well, and every location was all about killing and hauling ph4t l3wt.

And I haven't even mentioned how progressively buggy each game has gotten.
------------------
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Slider wrote:Thats not possible unless they're talking about next year's E3. :idea:
Nah, 'twas about this year. Can't find that damn gaming magazine, though!!! :(

Well, anyways, it was something along the lines "new information on FO3 will be released on the next-coming E3"...
Our Host!