Guilty Pleasures

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

These are all great and acclaimed movie you asshole.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

vendetta wrote:Brazil
This movie is one of my favorites, but nobody says it sucks.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

KILL BILL
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

The only people who didn't like Kill Bill are some people on this site. Everybody else loved it, myself included.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

No.

Jackie Brown ruled, though.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Breakin'
Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo

Saw was terrible, really. That no name doctor who cut off his leg for no reason at the end could not act. Danny Glover's character made no sense. None of the other characters did either.

And the terrible thing about it - it's passed off as something decent, which makes it terrible. If it was just a little bit cheesier and not so much of a major production it would be a cult classic.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Franz Schubert wrote:
vendetta wrote:Brazil
This movie is one of my favorites, but nobody says it sucks.
i thought it was fucking horrible, if you watch that movie for fun then you are retarded.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Hm.. I liked Saw, but Danny Glover was horrible in it.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Saw was good, even though everyone say the fatty Elwes was bad.
Radman2307
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Radman2307 »

The Postman

Resident Evil (First one)

Man, for some reason both films appeal to me.
'They say people dont believe in heroes anymore... Well im going to give them back their hero.'

Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I think some of these aren't really guilty pleasures but just movies you like and some other people don't. Like 'Ooooh I shouldn't be watching this it's terrible but so good mmmm'.

Mabye Waterworld. And Freddy Got Fingered.
:chew:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

A finger in my ass.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

satanisgreat wrote:The only people who didn't like Kill Bill are some people on this site. Everybody else loved it, myself included.
Take that back.
I can pull wonderful internet reviews of how much it sucked and I honestly don't know that many people who can even admit to liking it.

It was horrible. Get back on the fucking bus fanboys.

EDIT: You all forgot both versions of Lolita too.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD wrote:I can pull wonderful internet reviews of how much it sucked and I honestly don't know that many people who can even admit to liking it.
Yeah, "internet reviews". Real critics and magazines gave it very high ratings. Off the top of my head Rolling Stone gave the first one 4 1/2 stars out of five, and the second one 5 stars. Yes, Rolling Stone sucks now and they also gave Passion of the Christ a really high score (that movie is pure garbage), but that's besides the point.

But if you want to look at it as a crap movie, then that one's on the top of my "crap movies I like" list.

Speaking of movies everyone hated but I liked:

Mars Attacks!

All of my friends hate it and I think it got horrible reviews, but I think it's weirdly amusing.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Yes, Rolling Stone sucks now and they also gave Passion of the Christ a really high score (that movie is pure garbage), but that's besides the point.
or exactly the point :chew:
:chew:
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

satanisgreat wrote:Yeah, "internet reviews". Real critics and magazines gave it very high ratings. Off the top of my head Rolling Stone gave the first one 4 1/2 stars out of five, and the second one 5 stars. Yes, Rolling Stone sucks now and they also gave Passion of the Christ a really high score (that movie is pure garbage), but that's besides the point.
This just proves that one should not put all of his stock in reviews by various magasines. Only people who do not want to go see a movie use 'crappy reviews' as an excuse to avoiding the movie in question. The best thing to do is to go and find out for yourself, no?

Note on Passion of the Christ: Perhaps the movie in itself was not very good (since it is all about Jesus getting constantly beat up and humiliated on the last day of his life here on earth), but it was more of the thought and reason for the movie that made it good.

Speaking of movies everyone hated but I liked:

Mars Attacks!

All of my friends hate it and I think it got horrible reviews, but I think it's weirdly amusing.

I liked Mars Attacks!... it was ... amusing, maybe not movie-award material there but it wasnt that bad.. at least that is how I remembered it.
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Radman2307
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Radman2307 »

I liked Mars Attacks!... it was ... amusing, maybe not movie-award material there but it wasnt that bad.. at least that is how I remembered it.
I thought Mars Attacks was... AWFUL...

Almost as bad as standing in a big piece of dog crap.

But the worst film i've EVER seen has got to be Alien vs Predator. The odd thing is my friend loved it... Why I do not know. Well its either that or the film version of:

"To Kill a mocking bird."

By the end of that particular English I was mutterng the words 'kill me.'
'They say people dont believe in heroes anymore... Well im going to give them back their hero.'

Wazza
SDF!
SDF!
Location: Adelaide, South Australia - The murderer next door to DarkUnderlord

Post by Wazza »

I've got to throw in Red Dawn - cool idea, but the actors...
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

atoga wrote:No.

Jackie Brown ruled, though.
I always thought Jackie Brown was one of those famous movies ?
Burn was pretty good.
:dead: In remembrance of Porcu :dead:
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Oh man, I dont have a clue about public movie opinons. :sadblinky:
I liked the Postman and Waterworld doh, but I never heard anyone complain about either. Saw was well directed, and it held the movie together really well.

Going against public opinion should probably include more trashing of critically acclaimed flicks for the complete effect. :drunk:
Our Host!