Paul Anderson to ruin Death Race 2000

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Paul Anderson to ruin Death Race 2000

Post by Mad Max RW »

<strong>[Film & TV -> Update]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://wikipocalypse.duckandcover.cx/in ... itle=Death Race 2000">Film & TV: Death Race 2000</a> | More info on <a href="http://wikipocalypse.duckandcover.cx/in ... title=Paul W.S. Anderson">Person: Paul W.S. Anderson</a>

<strong>Paul W.S. Anderson</strong>, the same Nazi asshole who
managed to skullfuck <em>Alien vs. Predator</em>, and crap
out one <em>Resident Evil</em> clone after another, got his
claws on the <em>Death Race 2000</em> remake. The 1975
version starred David Carradine, Sylvester Stallone, and other people
who probably regret ever reading the script. It's a fun B movie that
inspired the <strong>Carmageddon</strong> series and much of
<strong>GTA</strong>.<blockquote><em>"The original was so
much about decimating pedestrians that the actual race was almost
irrelevant, and I want to restore that," Anderson said. "Set in 2020,
ours is an ultraviolent, no-holds-barred race with heavily armed
Escalades, Ferraris and Aston
Martins"</em></blockquote><strong>Anderson</strong>'s
take is rumoured to star Tom Cruise and Paula Wagner. Don't worry,
he'll force a futuristic SWAT team and aliens in there somehow. <a href="http://www.moviehole.net/news/5292.html" target="_blank">Read
on</a>.

Spotted @ <a href="http://www.moviehole.net/">Moviehole.net</a>
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Event Horizon is one of my favourite horror films, so it's disappointing to see where Anderson's career has taken him. I really, really like Event Horizon :(
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

Carmagettin ruled, and event horizen was pretty good as well but i got surprised (for once) how that guy turned on to hells side
"Banned in 2 posts" :salute:
Subhuman wrote:A guy ripping open his anus, a man in chaps getting fucked by a horse, and a girl spewing enema all over her face in a bathtub are okay, but a 15 year-old's cock is off-limits. Only on DAC.
King of Creation wrote: Aaannnnnnnnd to the wasteland :salute:
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

"The original was so much about decimating pedestrians that the actual race was almost irrelevant, and I want to restore that,"

Who cares about the race?? The decimating of pedestrins is the ONLY relevant! What a moron...
"Set in 2020, ours is an ultraviolent, no-holds-barred race with heavily armed Escalades, Ferraris and Aston Martins"
+ Tom Cruise!

Sounds like a fast n furious-clone... this is going to be total shit (that the hip MTV-kids are going to like). And Tom Cruise!? Why has he not been hanged yet? God! This guy wants to defile everything that is holy it seems...

Funny that you posted this just when I started replaying Carmageddon yesterday.
Carmagettin ruled, and event horizen was pretty good as well but i got surprised (for once) how that guy turned on to hells side
Shit! You are an imbecile!
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Event Horizon is the only decent thing he ever stumbled through. I even mildly enjoyed Soldier. But if you know the history behind them you'd realize he screwed their potential as classics.

I keep debating with myself whether to reinstall the Carmaggedon games. It's such a huge pain assembling custom car collections, tweaks, and everything else to really enjoy them. I have several hundred C2 and C3:TDR2k cars backed up somewhere. Maybe I'll wait to see how the fourth one turns out, which is due this year.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

*grins* I wouldn't call it bad news.. Event Horizon was a masterpiece, out of the league of AvP and Resident Evil... But both were still watchable.

Forget that RE has any connection to the games or story, and enjoy a big, sci-fi-ish zombie shoot-'em-up. AvP I wastched for the first time last week... It's watchable. The way they decided to massacre virtually everyone including the nervous englishman took away some of the softness.. The elimination of major characters was cheap, but did serve to take away some of the action-cheese aspects. The entire film can be figured out and justified, with a little logic and reference to the storylines... The only thing which confused the hell out of me was that Weyland was introduced as a robotics expert and millionare, but he was not reported to have made the great breakthrough in cybernetics which would have carried his corporation forward into the future setting as the manufaturer of Androids. Neither was he mentioned to have any children to carry on the business and his likeness to his distant descendant in Alien 3. He died without issue, it seems, unless he was rescued and survived through becoming the first cybernetic breakthrough of his own company?

Bleh... I don't think this sounds too bad. I can't think of all that many living, viable directors who *could* direct it any better than Anderson.
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

Event Horizon was crap.

And did you really have any hope for a movie entitled Death Race 2000 to begin with? It would have sucked regardless of the director. Look at Rollerball.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

That's the point. Death Race 2000 never took itself seriously. They didn't try to force commercialized bullshit like Escalades and whatever down your throat. There was no intricate subplot about ancient Incas and other nonsense that leads nowhere. Anderson wants people to take him seriously, but he fails at it miserably.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

It shouldn't be remade, is what I'm saying.
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

It's yet another easy mining of the old licences, easier than making new films from scratch. I expect to see any film with the slightest bit of fame or potential to be remade eventually.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Apparently, Event Horizon was only good because a very good deal of it was reshot by a different director.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

And that part with the spinning metal orb of torture and pain was, like, so metal, man.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Holy Shit! I would jump in joy but then he did AvP :(
Serious Business.
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

nobody can replace sylvester stallone as machine gun joe, especially tom prettyboy fucking cruise
does this work
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

fallout ranger wrote:nobody can replace sylvester stallone as machine gun joe, especially tom prettyboy fucking cruise
Fine...I'll do it.
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

At least you'd be more credible in the role.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
Burnov
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Burnov »

Bleh... I don't think this sounds too bad. I can't think of all that many living, viable directors who *could* direct it any better than Anderson.
Ahm gonna enjoy cuttin' you boy...

Paul Anderson is second only to Uwe Boll when it comes to fistfucking potentially interesting movies with a razor festooned cestus.
That's the point. Death Race 2000 never took itself seriously. They didn't try to force commercialized bullshit like Escalades and whatever down your throat. There was no intricate subplot about ancient Incas and other nonsense that leads nowhere. Anderson wants people to take him seriously, but he fails at it miserably.
Yes, I have a feeling Anderson was the kind of kid that in school tried really hard to look cool for the popular kids and ended up bearing the brunt of a lot of mocking derision.
Our Host!