Duck and Cover Forum Index

Use these links, buy stuff from Amazon and help us out, nubs.
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de
  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 The Day After Interview and Screens View next topic
View previous topic
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[Game -> Interview] - More info on Company: G5 Software | More info on Game: The Day After

I'm not sure I ever paid much attention to this one before. The Day After, not to be confused with the tv movie of the same name, takes place after a third world war was ignited by the Cuban Missile Crisis. There's somekinda mix of real time and turn based which sounds similar to Rome: Total War's travelling around and doing stuff in TB then engaging the enemy and fighting in RT. The interview at Strategy Informer further explains:
SI: Only the tactical part of the game is RTS. What does the player do between battles?

Alexander Valencia-Campo: Yes, you are absolutely right. Only the one part of the game is RTS. The other part is TBS which is closely tied with the previous one. This combination brings a new level of realism giving more freedom in actions. I guess it's clear with RTS and it's time to raise the curtain over TBS component and how it is implemented in the game. Between battles in RTS mode you go to TBS which represents...
...So, between battles, in TBS modes you move your forces fighting with enemy's groupings, or capturing object, or engaging in scenario missions, and only after you reached this or that target you go directly to RTS mode to prove your strategic genius on the battle field itself.
He gives a long winded example of how that works. Check the interview for the rest along with a couple dozen screenshots. Looks good for 2D. Keep an eye out for it next month.

Spotted @ Blues News
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I could never work out if this was post-apocalyptic or not.
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If it isn't, it's very close to it.

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic