Duck and Cover Forum Index

Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 Fan Made Fallout Lives, FanOut doesn't View next topic
View previous topic
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon

Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[ Mod -> Update ] - More info on Mod: Fan Made Fallout | More info on Mod: Project FanOut

Fan Made Fallout are asking for help. They're wondering if you've got any mapping or writing skills and if you wouldn't mind paying them a visit to help out with their Fallout mod project.
With the background work for our areas and factions complete, our story down pat and the plot finished, our focus has finally moved on to actually making the mod, rather than coming up with ideas for it. To that effect, we're specifically looking for people that can either map or write dialogue.

You can read the rest and find more info on their site. They've also uploaded some screenshots of the mod: Screenshot 7 | Screenshot 8 | Screenshot 9 | Screenshot 10 | Screenshot 11 | Screenshot 12

In related news it also seems that another Fallout mod project, Project FanOut, is dead. The last post on their forum made on the 25th of January says:
I guess since no one has bothered informing you people, it falls to me to be the bearer of bad news.

On Saturday 22nd, I formally submitted my resignation to the team; in the hours that followed PsychoSniper, Shade and Warpath also decided to leave.

The reasons why we left are many though I rather not disclose them so please, don't ask; all I'm going to say is that we have all parted in good terms.

As to this project remaining active, well...

That's really up to Ender and anyone who is still eager to carry on.

If they do, I wish them the best of luck.

Cheers!
Da Corpse.
It seems Ender up and left the mod without bothering to say anything about the plot he had in mind, so no-one had anything to continue with.

I like how I made this news post all independent like.

Spotted @ Fan Made Fallout

Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn, those fan made fallout people are cool.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think Fanout getting scraped was no surprise since it had a bunch of idiots on the project.

FMF is vaporware since they wont let me beta test and shit.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hah, I remember Volourn going how he only joins projects that will succeed, how he's going to prove us all wrong.... volourn's an ass.
Blargh
‹berkommando
‹berkommando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Perhaps Volourn intended this to happen ? OH NOE, A MOEL !?!1? I'd claim to be disappointed, but at a certain point one has seen so much abandonment for so many reasons that it becomes little more than another. icon_drunk
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Someone needs to rub the salt in the wound on RPG Codex, if only to see Vollie's reaction.

FMF needs more decent updates in the future too, sometimes it seems like has died.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I could never imagine making a mod with people that arent in the same room with me and making it. That would go so slow that i would get frustrated and quit after tops 1 week.
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, it makes it hard to reach them with the whip when they are not in the same room.
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I dont think they even had an irc room?

Anyways:

FANOUT SUCKS/ED
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon

Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Fez wrote:
FMF needs more decent updates in the future too, sometimes it seems like has died.

Yeah, that's on the cards. Keeping the project quiet doesn't help attract more people as everyone does tend to think you're dead.
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good to hear, it's worrying when you remember a mod after a few months and go to check up on it and see there has been bugger all updates on the site. When I saw this I almost read it as both having died, I was expectiong it so much, after such a long period of silence.

Shame to see that one mod go up in flames, and it seems that a lot of the work has gone to waste too.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like fan made fallout webpage. Its filled with funy coments and they dont come off as being on a high horse. They really seem to be having fun while making it. And thats allways nice to see.
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do like the light-hearted tone of the site. It makes me want to read it, preventing the dry and dull feeling that you get on other mod sites. It also bodes well for the script writing if the site can make me smile. All I want is a sign of life every so often, as long as that is happening, it's golden.

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic