Feargus speaks

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Feargus speaks

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

<strong>[ -> N/A]</strong>

In one of the many threads in the <A href="http://feedback.blackisle.com/forums/fo ... >Lionheart forum</a> about making the game more like <b>Baldur's Gate</b>, there's a nifty little thread asking <a href="http://feedback.blackisle.com/forums/sh ... adid=41279"> Is Lionheart a true BIS game?</a> Anyway, on <A href="http://feedback.blackisle.com/forums/sh ... er=3">page 3</a>, there's a little post from <b>Feargus Urquhart</b> answering the question as diplomatically as possible:<br><br><blockquote>This thread started out as a question about whether Lionheart would be a Black Isle game. The quick answer to that question is yes. It will also be a Reflexive game. This is in the same way that Baldur's Gate was both a Black Isle game and a Bioware game.

We have been working very closely with Reflexive and will continue to do so. It helps that they are literally just down the street and that I've known the President of the company for more than ten years now.

Ultimately it will be a game of the quality level that you have all come to expect from Black Isle, whether it was produced by us, or developed by us.

<br><br></blockquote>Thanks to <b>RexExitium</b> of <a href="http://www.rpgplanet.com/lionheart">The Inquisition</a> for the heads up.
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

True BIS game. Like all the ones that use Bioware's engine and systems?
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Section8 wrote:True BIS game. Like all the ones that use Bioware's engine and systems?
Yup, that's exactly what they mean by "true BIS game". If it's not just like the IE games, it's obviously not "true". Nevermind the fact that BioWare came up with the Infinity Engine, they're still "true BIS games".

I'm still betting that before Lionheart comes out, or even in the next few weeks, someone suggests scrapping SPECIAL from Lionheart in favor of the d20 system that D&D uses. After all, that's the only complaint from the IE crowd that's missing right now from turning Lionheart in to IWD3.
------------------
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Re: Feargus speaks

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Feargus Urquhart wrote:We have been working very closely with Reflexive and will continue to do so. It helps that they are literally just down the street and that I've known the President of the company for more than ten years now.
Ohhhh...... So that's why they got the chance to make Lionheart........
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I bet that BIS determined the name and gave Reflexive the permission to use SPECIAL system. Thats why it's a true BIS game.
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

Saint_Proverbius wrote: Yup, that's exactly what they mean by "true BIS game". If it's not just like the IE games, it's obviously not "true". Nevermind the fact that BioWare came up with the Infinity Engine, they're still "true BIS games".
Didn't Bioware take BIS/Interplay to court recently?? I'm sure I remember reading something like that I PCG...
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

Yep, and if I recall (it was a while ago) it was regarding royalty payments for use of the Infinity Engine. Correct me if I'm wrong.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

Section8 wrote:Yep, and if I recall (it was a while ago) it was regarding royalty payments for use of the Infinity Engine. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Reflexive better start buying garlic and wooden stakes then, as they've just invited the vampires in for dinner......
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Gareth,

I think it had more to do with Interplay not wanting to pay for additional development of Never Winternights as well.

Still, all things considered, I doubt BIS/IPLY would be around today if it weren't for BioWare.
------------------
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:Gareth,

I think it had more to do with Interplay not wanting to pay for additional development of Never Winternights as well.

Still, all things considered, I doubt BIS/IPLY would be around today if it weren't for BioWare.
Sounds like they're not afraid to bite the hand that feeds them....
Our Host!