28 Weeks Later!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Europa13
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

28 Weeks Later!

Post by Europa13 »

<strong>[Film & TV -> Update]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://wikipocalypse.duckandcover.cx/index.php?title=28 Weeks Later">Film & TV: 28 Weeks Later</a>

<p>Ready for a sequel? According to <a href="http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/">Sci Fi Wire</a>, <strong>28 Weeks Later</strong> will have to do it for you? You got it, <strong>Danny Boyle</strong>; the man behind <a href="http://www.28dayslaterthemovie.co.uk/main.html">28 Days Later</a> will be the executive producer for the upcoming <a href="http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/inde ... =30548">28 Weeks later</a>. While the original cast members are working on other projects, <strong>Danny Boyle</strong> will bring some new blood to this cinema sequel. </p><p>The word is, <strong>28 Weeks later</strong> will take place... Well, 28 Weeks after the ending of <strong>28 Days later</strong>. Yes, I know, its quite self explanatory. At any rate, the film will delve into the rebuilding process of an emptied England... It seems that America will, yet again, lock and load for another zombie film. To get the whole story, just click <a href="http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/inde ... re</a>.</p>
Spotted @ <a href="http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/">Scif Fi Wire</a>
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

28 Days Later was pretty good. I'll probably end up seeing this unless everyone says it stinks.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

i really hope they dont fuck this up, it does have potential.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Awesome. Hope they get the same guy in to do the sound track too.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Danny Boyle usually is good.
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

Ho ho! Fucking sweet.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

yes. more zombies. whoo.
Testicular Pugilist
Frowning
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Frowning »

I hope they have some of it in London again, I'm moving there next Saturday and want the whole 'I walk past that on the way to work!!!' feeling from seeing familiar spots on screen.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

yay.
and there was much rejoicing.
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

You'd better not go to London, the crazy zombie types might get you. ;)

Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

last time I was there, I got bits of crumpet and tea over me, when some clerk idiot wouldn't let me buy Duke Nukem 3D, because I was "underage" (At the time..).

Pretty zombie'ish.
Testicular Pugilist
Radman2307
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Radman2307 »

Silly yanks....

Always making things worse... Why the hell would they want to 'reopen' Britain after such a mass tragedy?

A better idea would be the yanks trying to get rid of our nuclear weapons and prevent them from falling into terrorist hands. (After all who’s going to be left to guard them?)
'They say people dont believe in heroes anymore... Well im going to give them back their hero.'

Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

Wow, what a great point, lets cancel the movie and go hug some trees. No wait, don't. Real life and zombie films need not be connected. A sequel to 28 Days Later all about nuclear disarmament of the UK would be stupid (doesn't UK hold it's nukes on subs? so they'd probably be free of infection in your film anyway). The fans want angry fast zombie things. I don't want more topical terrorist stuff. There is more than enough of that.

LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

THIS IS AMERICA

GO BACK TO BRITISH IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BOY

YESSSIR
Radman2307
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Radman2307 »

Wow, what a great point, lets cancel the movie and go hug some trees. No wait, don't. Real life and zombie films need not be connected. A sequel to 28 Days Later all about nuclear disarmament of the UK would be stupid (the UK holds it's nukes on subs, so they'd probably be free of infection in your film anyway). The fans want angry fast zombie things. I don't want more topical terrorist stuff. There is more than enough of that.
No you idiot...

America goes in to secure the warheads which are in storage (Where do you think they are stored?... We keep them in naval bases and RAF bases. We dont load all of our wareheads on the subs at once.) however they are attacked by the fast flesh eating hoard.

Better story then.

"They go in to restart Britain."

Anyhow thats what would happen...

Think about it, a terrorist organisation wants to get ahold of a nuclear weapon so it goes to Britain a 'dead' island which has more then enough in storage which could be used in various terrorist actions. However America realises the threat so they go in to secure the various sites and remove them.
'They say people dont believe in heroes anymore... Well im going to give them back their hero.'

Frowning
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Frowning »

Maybe it's the way your selling it but that sounds like a dull movie.
Radman2307
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Radman2307 »

Frowning wrote:Maybe it's the way your selling it but that sounds like a dull movie.
Why does it?...

Same thing would happen.

"military team gets picked off by the fast moving 'zombie' like creatures.'

Only thing thats changed is the story, which is actually better (in my opinion) then.

"US out of the blue decides to restart Britain again."

Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Fez wrote:I don't want more topical terrorist stuff. There is more than enough of that.
I concur.
Frowning wrote:Maybe it's the way your selling it but that sounds like a dull movie.
I also agree.

I do hope, for the sake of to a tolerable cinematic future, that you at no point consider, or achieve a creative career in film of any variety, Radman2307. :drunk:
Radman2307
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Radman2307 »

Blargh wrote:
Fez wrote:I don't want more topical terrorist stuff. There is more than enough of that.
I concur.
I also agree.

I do hope, for the sake of to a tolerable cinematic future, that you at no point consider, or achieve a creative career in film of any variety, Radman2307. :drunk:
Look at it like this...

Why else would the American military go into Britain after the majority of the population had turned into flesh eating zombies?... Not to mention the infection rate of the virus only being a few seconds long...

No forseable reason really... Other then to secure any possible threat that could destroy your nation.

Also there the fact that it would hit cinema goers close at home... All of us fear terrorism. If you dont fear it your atleast wary of it.

Also what do YOU think the American govenment would do?... Would they just leave a couple of nuclear warheads sat in some warehouse somewhere in the middle of the peak district?..

"Well they're safe enough I guess..."

Of course not... They'd send in a speicial ops team to deal with it. I dont think they'd be all that bothered about re-opening a country after it went through something like that. It'd become a memorial.

LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

TERRORIST ZOMBIES
Our Host!