28 Weeks Later!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

wouldnt it make the same amount of sense that the refugees from the original want to return home... various charities and peacekeeping forces send in an expeditionary force consisting of whatever nation(s) ie: nato ...to survey the damage first hand and see whats salvageable.. what can be rebuilt etc..

in the the interview, boyle mentioned franchises.

its also possible that there may be NO zombies in this film. As at the end of 28 days later, a zombie was dying from starvation about a mile away from where the three survivors had holed up.

Unless.... din dinn dinnn the rage infected zombies had resorted to canibalism??

even if that was the case, there wouldnt be too many of them around and they would be sporadicly located and alone at the best case scenario
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

No matter what, this had better be awesome or else there will be a lot of crying fans. They could get a famous franchise out of this if they do it right.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
Radman2307
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Radman2307 »

Fez wrote:No matter what, this had better be awesome or else there will be a lot of crying fans. They could get a famous franchise out of this if they do it right.
Yup I enjoyed the first film very much.
'They say people dont believe in heroes anymore... Well im going to give them back their hero.'

Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

I never really got into 28 days later, so it seems a discussion of banal plots is quite appropriate. I salute thee, and thee, and thee. BUT NOT HIM. :drunk:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

The first could of been better, it was a bit too british lol. Its been 28 days and the military kids were already thinking of making babies to secure a future or something, and they killed all those people in that amount of time? Maybe I missed something :?
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:The first could of been better, it was a bit too british lol. Its been 28 days and the military kids were already thinking of making babies to secure a future or something, and they killed all those people in that amount of time? Maybe I missed something :?
well I think you did...
the thing about them soldier boys, the thing you have to remember, is that they were horny.
And as for il capitan, he had gone a tad insane or summit.
I thinkk that the soldier making babies part was a way of trying to catch how people, even at the worst situations evah (or mebbe especially in those situations) tend to do rather distasteful things to other humans (if rape is to be considered a distasteful thing) as seen in many places were war is waged nowadays.
Sovy Kurosei
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Sovy Kurosei »

You would see the infected have starved to death at the end of 28 Days Later, so I can't see how 28 Weeks Later would still have the infected running around, causing mayhem.

Aw, what the hell, why should we get stuck on a little thing like logic in a zombie movie, eh?
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

Exactly! It's all about awesome zombie induced carnage. Logic is a bonus, if they include any. Zombie films are a beloved genre on their own.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Ya but even if they did go insane they killed all those soldiers who didnt agree, unless they did them all at the same time its pretty hard to believe that they survived the way they did. The soldiers were fucking pussies too, which you would expect to be the ones taking over the others.

They didnt seem insane just little punks, and it was only 28 days for all this shit to happen.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

They can still build on it. The 'rage victims' were infected... by rage... virus rage... Ok! So they all starve! Hahá! And fall down flat on their backs like horses hardly ever do. It wouldn't be a freak occurance if the virus survived in some form, would it? I mean, it wasn't reliant on their blood or body, since they were not actiully zombies, just over adrenalined humans with no other will then to eat other humans. So the possibility of it leaking out into another substance isn't that illogical. On the other hand they could just say it took longer for the infection to spread to some other distant place, and by the time 28 weeks have gone, there were still some zombies left.

I dont know, really. Making it all zombie filmish seems pretty impossible, as the first film gave me a strong impression that not much of the population survived. They could make it pa I think, with the handful of people left, trying to get all the shit back together, while slightly fighting the remnants of zombie terror. As long as they dont pull the old 'oh it mutated' gag, because thats just annoying. :drunk:
Our Host!