Bethesda interview: consoles!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

I think you'd get arrested for terrorism if you posted FOBOS to anyone. I know I'd rather get an anthrax powder parcel.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
Europa13
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Europa13 »

yeah, its really sad... FO: POS hehe... The hopes I have had over the years for a decent Fallout game... Sighhh... FOT wasn't too bad... Buggy, but the game mechanics were pretty good... I really think they shoulda used that engine to pump out a FO3. Any ways... I just hope Bethesda does a bangup job and quells are fears.
Righteous is the man who never turns a blind eye towards the truth.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Wolfman Walt wrote:
Smiley wrote:...I saw FOBOS today in my local EB games... I considered spitting on it.. but the shop clerk was keeping an eye on me.
I sadly bought Fobos so I could review it for this site but it was just so damn sub-par mediocre that I couldn't get past the first section, much less the other 5 chapters in the game.
I was playing it with the same goal - it doesn't hurt too bad if you don't think about the mindless pummeling a lot - but my friend's Playstation died. I was going through the thing and cataloguing all the reasons it wasn't Fallout.

Anyone who ever had the misfortune of playing FOPOS notice that the entire second half of the opening movie is clips from Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and Tactics cutscenes with about five seconds of Tactics gameplay footage thrown in for complete alienation?
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

okaaay... viewpoint.. here we go again..
so, what have we here?
Mr. Teatime wrote:After thinking about it, I think FO needs to retain the classic viewpoint. (...) Some games have a default viewpoint and the ability to go into FP mode to look around.
"Silent Storm"-style view I say! :anger: and maybe also optional switching to FPP/behind the back for exploration (like GTA3 or sth)
I do know Bethesda want to show they can do a game completely different from the ES style of things (that's the strong impression I've got), and with FO they have that chance.
uhhh that'd be a good thing, fren'! Yet, "we're not gonna do a top-down view game all of the sudden as we're making FPP games" (or something), so not gonna belive this fancy idea of yours that easily.
RGE
SDF!
SDF!

Post by RGE »

The actual quote was something like "I don't know if we'd suddenly do isometric, because that's not what we're good at". I guess it's 50/50 whether they'll stick to the Fallout viewpoint or to the Elder Scrolls viewpoint. I wonder if it'd work well if they used the Syndicate Wars viewpoint though. Small sprites running around and wreaking havoc in real time. Worked for me, and there's nothing that says that it couldn't be combined with a good dialogue system. Nah...that's not going to happen! :giggle:
Recommended reading:
Post-Nuke (a man and his dog in the nuclear winter)
Dire Destiny (most medieval fantasy ever)
Hot Bullet Press (great action webcomics)
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

We proved with Morrowind that a deep, complex RPG
comedy
Our Host!