need some help...

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
xloudandnoisy
SDF!
SDF!

need some help...

Post by xloudandnoisy »

first of all, if this post is in the wrong section.... sorry. new to these forums.

also, this just may not be the place for this post, but interplay's site is down, so i picked a random forum to seek help with.

but i digress. fallout tactics installs fine on my computer (xp, well above requirements) but when i try and play the game, when i start it, the screen just goes black. when i ctrl+alt+del i see an error message stating "C:\dev\phoenix\display\directx7\dd7_display.cpp9715): **fatal error**: Could not create primary and back surfaces." this is then followed by an error message stating that the application abnormally quit. what confuses me about the directx7 part of the message, is that i have directx9 installed :/

any input? thanks.
xloudandnoisy
SDF!
SDF!

Post by xloudandnoisy »

furthermore, the directory listed doesn't exist on my computer. or even anything close to it, for that matter.
xloudandnoisy
SDF!
SDF!

Post by xloudandnoisy »

i definately just noticed the "technical support" thread... sorry
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

Any info on your system and drivers? Is this the first time you've installed it? Is it a new problem? Have you got the latest patch for the game? It's 1.27 for the English version. It might help people to spot a problem, sort of standard procedure with technical help.

The game says DX7 as it only uses the older parts of DX, so even though you have DX9 installed, it will still be a DX7 (or whatever version) game. It's the engine that determines what it needs.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
Our Host!