WarCraft v Starcraft

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

War Craft Or Star Craft?

WarCraft!
26%
StarCraft!
74%

Total votes: 19

Archchancellor
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Archchancellor »

Starcraft by way much i still have eight player Lan matches the alliances the betrayls, the pretty ladies? Go the firebats, zerglings, templars
Araanor
Respected
Respected

Post by Araanor »

Starcraft is plainly the best RTS released, yet. We'll see when WC3 is released.
n305er
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by n305er »

FalloutCraft anyone??? Gwahahaha!
Chris(is evil)
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Chris(is evil) »

lol just imagine it, sending a small squad of vault dwellers after a bunch of rabies ridden brahmin :lol:
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Sounds like a great idea, ill try and make a sc mod out of that idea!
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Ya, humans, robotics and mutants. FoT in RTS style.
Sometimes an atomic weapon is just an atomic weapon, ja?
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

quite original/exceptional races.
Yeah, I've never ever seen in any sci-fi movie/game an Alien race which resembles insects in one way or another. Or choose to kill its prey using large claws or acid like substances! Did I mention I've never seen them charge human positions in hordes? God damn Blizzard, you bastards are geniuses!

No seriously, I liked the game and thought it was good, but it hardly has an original concept. Especially since the Xenomorphs in the Alien series are believed to be created by "The Pilot" race. See any resemblance to the Zerg being created by the Xel'Naga?
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Dark Xenomorph wrote:oh yeah, it was the first game to have more than 2 sides for a rts...
No, that would be Dark Reign. With the expansion pack, you had four sides.

As for Starcraft/Warcraft, I'll take Warcraft hands down because the game was at least original when it was called "Warcraft". Starcraft was nothing more than the Warcraft 2 engine ported to DirectX with different units.

That's pretty sad when you think about it. After all, there's no reason for tanks and planes and every fighting unit to have to stop to fire in Sci-fi. Modern tanks can aim and fire while moving, so how come siege tanks do?

The reason is simple.. Because ballistas have to stop and fire. It's fairly silly they didn't update those concepts from medieval limitations to, at very least, modern ones.
------------------
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

I loved Starcraft and the expansion pack, Brood Wars. My favourite thing to do was play as the Terrans and make 12 marines and charge a zerg base and make them die like Starship Troopers. The mission where you are waiting for evacuation by Mensk, at the end, when the zerg storm your base, that was a massive Starship Troopers moment but did you know that if you attack and destroy the zerg base then the attack won't happen. I loved the different races and how they really were different instead of having different looking things. The Terran build buildings, the zerg become buildings and the Protoss teleport in buildings.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Hammer wrote:
quite original/exceptional races.
Yeah, I've never ever seen in any sci-fi movie/game an Alien race which resembles insects in one way or another. Or choose to kill its prey using large claws or acid like substances! Did I mention I've never seen them charge human positions in hordes? God damn Blizzard, you bastards are geniuses!

No seriously, I liked the game and thought it was good, but it hardly has an original concept. Especially since the Xenomorphs in the Alien series are believed to be created by "The Pilot" race. See any resemblance to the Zerg being created by the Xel'Naga?
ok, i admit there are several references to the alien-concept and all, but still, this doesnt take away any motivation to classify it a marvelous design. Maybe its just a personal matter where i got struck by its characteristics. I just liked its ambience, the way it related to the terran/toss in the plot.
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

TheReaper wrote:I loved Starcraft and the expansion pack, Brood Wars. .
What was Fav new unit in Brood War? DT all the way!
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Oh yeah, definately the DT, the medic was quite good but the Lurker was rubbish. Can only attack while buried? What a dumb idea. The Dark Archon wasn't much good. I didn't like the ones that didn't have an attack button. The Valkrie was a really good idea for air battles.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

lurkers were ok in Singleplayer. But id rather use them in their regular form, as a hydralisk. Why waste money on a decrease of its usefullness right?
the medic was sweet, she made a fearsome bunch out of a group of marines.
Valkerys, well....lets say air isnt my element :P
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Ah, not a fleet guy then? I prefer sending in air units backed up by siege tanks and marines. The race unit progression is different between the Terran and the Zerg/Protoss. The first unit for the Terran (Marine) is capable of attacking air and ground but it's the second unit (firebat) that is only ground attack. The other races it is the other way round. Zerg, first unit (zergling) unable to attack air but second unit (hydralisk) able to attack both. For Protoss, read zerg but replace zergling for Zealot and hydralisk for dragoon. The protoss are very religious aren't they?
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Oh yes, incredibly religious, i would love to see how long that civil war was (the aeon of strife )
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Lynxer wrote:lurkers were ok in Singleplayer.
:P
They are ok in multi 2, but only for defense, nothing else...
Crud
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Crud »

Lurkers against terran was very effective... send a few of them into a terran base by the minerals and you can screw up a terran player for the rest of the game... especially a terran that doesn't have anything to detect them right away.
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Thats a pretty Kick ass Tactic there!
Knight
Respected
Respected

Post by Knight »

I like the medic, for different reasons though...
:oops: -
Maybe they have a picture of her out of that tin can! :P
"The new world is a dangerous place." - Knight
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Oh yeah, it was interesting when she winked at me :D
Our Host!