WarCraft v Starcraft

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

War Craft Or Star Craft?

WarCraft!
26%
StarCraft!
74%

Total votes: 19

Dark Xenomorph

WarCraft v Starcraft

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

I like Star craft because im more of a sci fi fan than a fantasy fan...
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

starcraft....perfect game, in every aspect. Neat graphics supported by almost any system, utter gameplay unmatched still and a good storyline featuring 3 well-balanced, quite original/exceptional races.
Sometimes an atomic weapon is just an atomic weapon, ja?
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

oh yeah, it was the first game to have more than 2 sides for a rts...
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

yea, the concept of the zerg was flawless. Ravenous insect like drones steered by a collective mind trapped within a massive hive. It was just so unbelievably awesome. Zerg was my absolute favorite.
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

I like the history behind the protoss and the unrest between the terrans but zerg had the most plot twists didnt it? I like terrans becasue of there nukes and cloaking
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

The campaign illustrations (movieclips in between various missions) were sweet too. Remember "the battle on the auriga"? that clip has a length of about 2 mins and showed a band of spacemarines sneaking into an abandoned spacevessle. right when they drop their heads backwards and poored in the beer the zerg strike and an epic battle emerges. SO FREAKING COOl.
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

I remember that one too! that was the coolest video of them all (except maybe when they blow up that hurt dragoon) But they were really really really sweet for 1998! The End End End game video and the intro to brood war were INCREDIBLY SWEET! I LOVED THAT RUSSIAN OPERA SOOOOO MUCH! What was ur fav building sound?
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

U mean the academy? i liked the terran sound in general. the ears taste of mankinds iron will. i used to like it how units would get irritated by u if u were to stroke them repeatedly.
like: "how do i get out of this chicking shit outfit?" or "are u trying to get invided to my next barbeque?"

I thought toss were the underdogs in ways of expression (sound/visual)

those zerg lairs and hives had cool sound-effects too. like the untralistmount. The roaring actualy sounded quit terrifying :P
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

I like the Academy 2, i found the Ultralik mount shocking not scary and didnt that virus zerg ( equal to templar and Sci vessle ) place sound like a queen a bit?
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

the difiler. it made funny noises as if it was about to barf up its dinner. and it used to say something like "RAGOO", wicked animal.
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Ya, it looked really cool i admit
furiousmonkey
SDF!
SDF!

Post by furiousmonkey »

I like Warcraft better, but i'm a fan of Starcraft also. One thing i dont like about either game is the damn cap they put on how many guys you can build. What sucks even more is in the new Warcraft 3 you can only have a max of 80 guys and some characters take more than one population point to build. I have got to play the exclusive multiplayer verson of Warcraft 3 and its really good and it kicks the crap outta starcraft. :( And something else that sucks is my friend that works at Blizzard Entertainment says they are probably not going to make a Starcraft 2, theres a small chance that they will change there minds though, hopefully :)
"Who runs BarterTown?"-MasterBlaster
"Furious Monkey does, Biznach"-Furious Monkey
"Louder!...who run Bartertown?"-MasterBlaster
"Furious Monkey runs BarterTown"-Unwashed Villagers
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

sc units take more than one popualtion point, just look at the battle crusier, or the hydralisk!
Chris(is evil)
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Chris(is evil) »

I love the Seige Tanks out of starcraft... Raning death!!! :twisted:
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Goliaths and Wraiths, raining hell upon the zerg!
Chris(is evil)
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Chris(is evil) »

The ghosts as well, with their stealth suits and ability to launch nukes
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Those Ghosts were indeed cool,
Nutter
Respected
Respected

Post by Nutter »

the zerg reminded me of aliens - which was one of the reasons i loved playing starcraft
Knight
Respected
Respected

Post by Knight »

I loved it when the first time I saw it...so bloody cool! Couldn't stop playing...man those Zerg were cool also! Ravaging animals...savage and untamed they hunt down space marines and dig into that armor to eat those entrails...drools. The Protoss noble cause and the tragic losses because they couldn't agree with each other. I love Sarah Kerrigen, its a shame she mutated into one of those things. But I think those spider arms comming out of her make her more sexy with that green skin.
"The new world is a dangerous place." - Knight
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Nutter wrote:the zerg reminded me of aliens - which was one of the reasons i loved playing starcraft
they actualy looked more like the bugs as seen in "starshiptroopers" seen the diversity of creatures.

zerg were best overall, that why I liked them best :P
Our Host!