If you liked 28 Days Later... you probably won't like this

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

If you liked 28 Days Later... you probably won't like this

Post by Mr. Teatime »

<strong>[Film & TV -> Update]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://wikipocalypse.duckandcover.cx/index.php?title=28 Days Later">Film & TV: 28 Days Later</a> | More info on <a href="http://wikipocalypse.duckandcover.cx/in ... ?title=Uwe Boll">Person: Uwe Boll</a> | More info on <a href="http://wikipocalypse.duckandcover.cx/in ... title=Alex Garland">Person: Alex Garland</a>

If you liked the post-apocalyptic zombie film <a href="http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/28dayslater/">28 Days Later</a>, you might be interested to know that <strong>Alex Garland</strong>, the person who wrote that movie, is now going to write a script for a <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/halo.aspx">Halo</a> movie.

<blockquote>
<p><em>"Halo" will present Garland with an adaptation challenge. <strong>It's one of
the richest narratives in the vidgame world</strong>, developed over both games
and three novels that extend the storyline. Plot concerns a warrior
soldier known only as "Master Chief" battling a group of alien
religious zealots who believe one of their most sacred artifacts is
located on Earth.</em></p>
</blockquote>
Now I don't know about you, but I take issue with that particular bit of hype. <em>Halo</em>'s narrative was as rich as <em>Playboy</em> is intellectual (and that's coming from a big fan of <a href="http://www.bungie.com">Bungie</a>'s early games).

Anyway, I expect an announcement that the director is Master of Disaster <a href="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0093051/">Uwe Boll</a> is imminent, ensuring that any potentially interesting script Garland has written will be ruined.

You can read the rest of the announcement and some commentry <a href="http://freezedriedmovies.com/news/index ... 2181">here on Freeze Dried Movies</a>.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

The story of Halo is far more interesting than that of most first-person shooters. I'd imagine, of course, that they would set the movie - or at least a portion of it - on a Halo, which should be doable if they don't incorporate repetitive level design into the film itself.

Another potentially good thing is that it doesn't really matter which actor you get to play the Master Chief, seeing as though only his voice is important because he's always in that armor.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Like many game to movie attempts, this will be shite. Though admittedly, they are likely intending to appeal to a fairly undemanding demographic. And by undemanding, I mean idiotic. The joys of unabashed capitalism. :drunk:
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

Retlaw wrote:The story of Halo is far more interesting than that of most first-person shooters.
Yeah, if this were 1998.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Hear hear D:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

They should make a Marathon movie damn it.

Also, who the fuck is this Uwe Boll?

Far Cry (2006) (announced)
Hunter: The Reckoning (2006) (pre-production)
Bloodrayne (2005) (post-production)
Alone in the Dark (2005)
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Janus Matchell »

Also, who the fuck is this Uwe Boll?
Yeah he is the gentlemen who fucking made House of the Dead. It was complete and utter shit, And if he directs Halo then he will totally ruin it big time. He claims to be a director of good movie along with POS Anderson. I hope that german or whatever he is piece of shit does not direct the Halo movie for he will ruin it. And as far as Garland is concerned no. He is a good writer but for crying out loud we don't need some art OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone ruining a perfectly decent or good story with creative licensing. Shit they should get new people all together to do a Halo movie. Fuck Uwe Boll.
Ignore my warnings and pay no heed then your live will be ended shortly indeed!
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Subhuman wrote:
Retlaw wrote:The story of Halo is far more interesting than that of most first-person shooters.
Yeah, if this were 1998.
And I suppose Half-Life 2 and Doom 3 were the pinnacle literary form?
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I don't really remember a FPS having a decent storyline.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

System Shock 1 more than 2, but I wouldn't want a film being made out of them.

WHY AREN'T YOU WEARING YOUR GOGGLES OF TRUTH, D5IT-M38 ? :drunk:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I dont know why they like to use games for ideas, you could make your own movie with the similar idea, make it better and not have to pay license fees. Its not like the fans of the game alone is drawing in the crowds, it must just be for the "cool" names that games have.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I wouldn't say it has the best story of a game, it's about average. HL2 had a better story than Halo D:

It's a pretty bland story. Why not make a movie out of Hitman or Grim Fandango or something.
:chew:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

OUT OF FALLOUT LOL+
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

@Retlaw

Three words: Outcast D:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Hunter: The Reckoning (2006) (pre-production)
Technically, shouldn't this be considered a RPG to movie production since it's based off the Pen & Paper whitewolf game?

Also House of the Dead WAS shit, but it's so bloody horrible that in the right frame of mind, it's hilarious.
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

Interplay made a couple of games based on Hunter, though. I always liked the description of Hunter: the Reckoning I read someplace that explains why Hunter, a game where you play a character driven by newly gained supernatural senses to fight vampires, werewolves and other creepy crawlies that inhabit our world, is crap (paraphrased): "This is a game where you kill people because you are told to do so by voices in your head.'
Last edited by Spazmo on Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

True, so wouldn't depend more of where they got the source material and such from?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

You never know.
Our Host!