New Fallout Speed Run Record

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

New Fallout Speed Run Record

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[Game -> Update]</strong>

There's a new speed run out for the original <b>Fallout</b>. This one was done by <B>Devin 'Mimir' Herron</b> and can be found <a href="http://www.planetquake.com/sda/other/Fa ... quote><i>I based my run on WhiteChocobo666's speed guide from gameFAQs, but his guide was nearly impossible to use for a single segment run, so I played around with it and found one exploit that really makes this run possible.
<br>
<br>If you enter combat manually, use all but one AP to move, then end combat and immediately begin combat again, the enemy does not have a chance to respond. This allowed me to escape from the military base.
<br>
<br>The hardest part of this run is simply getting to the military base and getting out of the area without encountering a super mutant patrol for a random encounter.
<br>
<br>There are a few glitches in this run. First, sometimes the stairs did not work properly and I had to use a different area, which wasted a little bit of time. Second, the Vault Overseer did not appear at the end of the game, which seems to just be another strange glitch in the Fallout engine.</blockquote></i>
<br>Thanks to <b>Hory</b> for informing us.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

What was the previous record? I know they covered it at NMA, and I posted about it here a few times..But I'm just incredibly lazy.

EDIT: Nevermind..The one I'm thinking about was for FO2. 17 minutes, 51 seconds. http://www.planetquake.com/sda/other/fallout2.html
Mimir
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mimir »

Hello, I'm the person who made that run. If anyone has any questions about what I did, I'd be happy to answer them.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Nice work!
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

You kick ass, Mimir. Give this man a hosted site.
Bridgeburner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Bridgeburner »

goddamn thats fast
my fastest run was 0:28:10
but that was a long time ago

nice work
Mimir
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mimir »

Some people at NMA have suggested some improvements. I will try the run again when I can get the equipment. Hopefully I can break 10 minutes.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Eh, what's the point anyway? I can understand for Mario, but Fallout?
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

You'll become an internet celebrity if you get a speed run record for a game. or something :drunk:
Our Host!