ACTION THIS DAY

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

ACTION THIS DAY

Post by Mr. Teatime »

<a href="http://news.google.co.uk/news?hl=en&lr= ... /">Yeah</a>.

Even though Freddie Mercury can't be replaced - I can't wait. Going to see as many shows as possible.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

They had better come to North America and more specifically hyar because I want me a piece of that.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

What I've heard is that the tour is covering most of mainland Europe, a bunch of UK shows, and depending on the success of all that, a North American tour after that. My prediction is that the tour will be extremely successful - in the UK and Europe there is a never ending demand for Queen music, they frequently top the best single ever poll with Bohemian Rhapsody, they were voted 'best group of the millenium' on a nationwide poll thing in 2000 (topping even the beatles), every DVD or CD (past concerts etc) they release tops the charts, the list goes on...
I also think Paul Rodgers is a good frontman choice. His style is different from Freddie Mercury's, which is a good thing, but there was definate potential in the recent performance he did with May and Taylor (Queen guitarist and drummer).

And for some reason I'm excited at the thought of seeing how Roger Taylor copes with playing heavy, fast rock songs like Sheer Heart Attack at 56 yrs old or whatever it is.... no second drummer needed here...
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Now...if only John Deacon would stop being a pussy and come out of "retirement" to tour with the band. I want to hear Another One Bites the Dust live dammit.

And they had better come to Hartford, but I'll settle for Boston.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
boywoos
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by boywoos »

Just listen to your albums, it's not like they lost a tambourine player, they lost their lead singer. You will be sorely disappointed.

One of my friends always hopes for a Page/Plant reunion but it would be shit without John Bohnam, le shrug.
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

Well Doors of the 21st Century apparently pulled off quite an excellent show even with Ian Ashbury (or is it Astbury? WHO KNOWS!) instead of Jim Morrison. In any case, Brian May is a great guitarist, Taylor is a great drummer and Paul Rodgers is a great singer, so it works. Plus, they'll be doing Bad Company tracks as well.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

isnt that a rap group?
:chew:
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

EVERYONE knows it's not Freddie Mercury. It's why the band have been out of action really for 13 years, and why they haven't done a live show since 1986. But a combination of some awesome songs, the original musicians bar the singer (and possibly the bass player, since John Deacon has 'retired') will be enough to create an atmosphere that will make the ticket price well worth it.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

The mercury memorial concert was great, they should make it annual.

Didn't Page/Plant made a reunion some time ago? I'm pretty sure they called it "Page/Plant".
Arjuna
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Arjuna »

Megatron wrote:isnt that a rap group?
Theres Bad Company the classic rock and roll band, I quite like them.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

there's also the uk d&b crew bad company, aka )EIB( lewl
where have all the good company gone? :hyper:
Our Host!