Name a SINGLE new feature you want in FO3.

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I really hope there aren't a million NPCs. Then it's just the love-fest that was Arcanum.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by bloodbathmaster2 »

Heh. Yeah. But at least Arcanum wasn't as bad as Chrono Cross. :P
One day...
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

Arcanum was a good game, you shits.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I don't know anything about Chrono Cross as I didn't play it, but Chrono Trigger roxored my soxors. Also, I've yet to play Arcanum. What's wrong with having lots of NPCs to choose from? Seems like making a diverse fighting force would be a good thing.
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by bloodbathmaster2 »

LlamaGod wrote:Arcanum was a good game.
I agree. We were talking about the diluted NPC pool, not the gameplay.
One day...
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

At least a few people understand what I was saying.

And Ryno, that's just it. They aren't diverse. There are like three major ones, the melee, the tech, and the magic. The rest are bullshit.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

BG2 had quite good NPCs. Plus you get to choose from multiple hotties.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

and it stopped with that.
no faceslapping, throat logging, boob fondling, wee willy wankin' or snatch fondling.
Stupid anti pimping laws.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I'd rather have PS:T style "only enough NPCs that you can fill your party" and maybe have a couple extra ones. 30 NPCs of which maybe 6 are really useful sucks ass, because you're having an ass time trying to figure out which one to grab with you.

It's not like there would be tons of volunteers willing to risk their neck for your piece of shit quest.
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

I didn’t mind there being a lot of NPC's in Arcanum, it made me feel like I didn’t have to load the game again if one of them died. They were all useful if you got them to level up, learning some tech skills so I didn’t have to was always nice. It was the magic ones that pissed me off, mostly because they never used the spells in a helpful way. Still, that necromancer was fun to talk to.

Lukan the witless remains quite possibly my favorite character I’ve ever encountered in a game.
wild_qwerty
Regular
Regular

Post by wild_qwerty »

Kashluk wrote:I'd rather have PS:T style "only enough NPCs that you can fill your party" and maybe have a couple extra ones. 30 NPCs of which maybe 6 are really useful sucks ass, because you're having an ass time trying to figure out which one to grab with you.

It's not like there would be tons of volunteers willing to risk their neck for your piece of shit quest.
Yup, I agree on tis one. Besides if you have less CNPCs then the developers would have more time to add more depth to them. When I play the game and one of them gets wasted I want actaully care that it happens not jsut think "oh well plennty more where he came from"

I've played some games when there might be a set encounter where one of your CNPCs gets knocked off, and you feel gutted that you couldnt save him (though I think there should not be set enncounters like this). My point is that if you have a few less CNPCs you can make them more believable and all this helps to let the player imerse in the game.

Oh, and throw in a few CNPCs for bad guy players, maybe a reformed Raider or a Merc
Role-Player
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Role-Player »

The Gaijin wrote:Like a giant vat of sentient insanity trying to turn everyone in sterile freaks. That's interesting.
GameFAQs?
Your idols speak so much of the abyss, yet your morals only run as deep as the surface.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I dunno Lukan, but I'm sure Morte is better.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

S4ur0n, perhaps you should experience the wonder of Lukan the Witless before making such a lamentable comment ? Though Morte is exceptional, Lukan is, quite possibly, one of the best characters present in an RPG in the last ten years. His way with words is quite simply puldrituchinous*. :drunk:

*Ha, ha, ha.

Post by Guest »

Role-Player wrote:GameFAQs?
Are you implying that I got that sentence from gamefaqs or that I'm from gamefaqs (subtext: because I'm an idiot)? The answer to both is no.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

I want FO3 to have a truly immersive atmosphere... meaning great PA textures, a great PA environment (like desert towns, such as Redding, Junktown, Modoc, etc.), and just as importantly, another soundtrack by Mark Morgan.

Also, I would prefer fewer cities, but much bigger and more involved than FO1/2. So like 7 screens, and lots of interaction in each town.

Also, I want there to be a better combat-initiation system. I didn't like how accidentally trying to open a locked door somewhere turns the whole town against you.

Also, I want tons of side-quests, but ones that seem meaningful, not just fetch/kill like Morrowind.

And I want there to be colorful party-NPC's, but you shouldn't have to rely on them to win combat. For that matter, I don't think combat should be a major factor in the main plot.

As far as graphics, I want the same 3rd person isometric view of the originals, and I wouldn't mind it being a low-res game, with PA-style dusty, rusty textures (there's no excuse for crappy textures... if they don't spend enough time on the art, the immersion is compromised)
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Would you like Fries with that?
Harriers for the cup.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

They were modest requests.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Thats true, it's modest by our standards, but if it were so simple, how come it's so rare in almost ANY rpg, not just PA?
Harriers for the cup.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Because company executives have turned the developers into the marketing department's bitch?
Our Host!