Unarmed or Mellee

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

You can raise first aid with books. Doctor is needed in VC so I guess it's worth tagging. Though I've never used doctor and first aid skills. I use stimpacks/super stims and if I get crippled or blinded, well... there's a special skill called Load :wink:
And there's really no need for extra money, you get enough money anyway if you sell some items. Some people like to carry around millions of dollars so I guess they tag Gambling then.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Actually, I don't really know... Since I've leraned that it's mostly useless to tag an y skill as stats are barely useful over 100 (heck, 76% is adequate for most tests), I can tag whatever I want... Last time I tagged science (as you need to raise it up to 121% to get Skynet) and well, that's the only thing I remember tagging even though I did tag other stuff...

[Just lookied: science and doctor... seems I wanted a science nut...)

In restrospect, I'd tag unarmed as the fights are rather hard without it, keep science tagged, and probably small arms in my next game...
Beren
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Unarmed!

Post by Beren »

Unarmed!

You can easily attain 120% Unarmed before you enter the rat caves in Klamath. If you concentrate on it for the first two or three levels, you can ignore it pretty much the rest of the game!

Besides, you can't really get through New Reno boxing (with both ears) or San Francisco kung-fu without tagging unarmed. Well, unless you like loading the game forty or fifty times!
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Re: Unarmed!

Post by VasikkA »

Beren wrote:Unarmed!

You can easily attain 120% Unarmed before you enter the rat caves in Klamath. If you concentrate on it for the first two or three levels, you can ignore it pretty much the rest of the game!
Or in San Fran, get Lo Pan or Dragon to train you.
Besides, you can't really get through New Reno boxing (with both ears) or San Francisco kung-fu without tagging unarmed. Well, unless you like loading the game forty or fifty times!
Not true. In NR, you easily get through the first opponents. Masticator is a bit tougher, mostly because you can lose an ear. With a bit of luck you can knock him out or he gets a critical failure and misses his next turn which is considered as knockout(bug?). Use plated gloves and aim for the head, that'll do the trick.
SF kung-fu is even easier IMO, never had problems getting through it without unarmed tagged. Unarmed tagged is not required to win these fights. I never had to reload more than a couple of times, but you need patience.

This does not prove unarmed is useless, no no. It's damn fun to whack your enemies around with your fists. :D
Red

Post by Red »

Yeah, there's quite a bit of people eady to train you at unarmed...

There's 3 punching bags which you can use to raise your stat for a total of 15% bonus... 2 of them are in SAD, I don't remember where the third one is...

Lo Pan can train you 4 times, up to 100%.

I beleive becoming a champion also raise your unarmed skill (don't actually remember), but either way what sucks is that the SF fights are easyer then the NR ones (well, all because of the ear really), and you don't want to become a chapion in New Reno until you've finished all the families' quests...
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

VasikkA wrote:You can raise first aid with books. Doctor is needed in VC so I guess it's worth tagging. Though I've never used doctor and first aid skills. I use stimpacks/super stims and if I get crippled or blinded, well... there's a special skill called Load :wink:
Ever tried first-aiding and/or doctoring your wounds in the temple of trials? You get a lot of xp that, only in the begining but it's always useful :wink: .
"When Angels deserve to die." - SoaD (System of a Down)

A Member Of The Knight Organization
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

I usually make about 1k exp. by doctor and first aid. I use it much in the Temple, rest of Arroyo and then I travel a bit before going to Klamath. It's great for start. You get levels nicely with them.

I'm usually level 3 when leaving Klamath or before entering Klamath.
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

Yep that's why it's good to tag doctor at the begining, great xp that way.

Red

Post by Red »

Well, it beats resting (time wise), so it's always good, plus you get a little XP on the sideline. I always use it before leaving a town. By the time I reach the next town I can usually use it again (although with the car not always). The first time I need stimpacks is in Redding to take down the wannamingo and/or Frog Norton sice I don't want to travel between the fights...
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Vasikka, you seem to post a lot of pointless messages.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I take that as a compliment. :P
I post if I have something to add or something to comment, even if it's not always much.
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

Yeah like i do.

Like now see, even with those annoying little texts. :D

Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yeah! You got a problem with that... Doyle ? :twisted:
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

You better not have 'cause your last post was pretty pointless to me... :roll:

VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

/me prays to the gods they will remove that font thingy...
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

It's just that a lot of his posts in this thread make me think to myself "Well, duh..." when I read them.
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

That's the point :D . :wink:

Haplo

Post by Haplo »

Well duh... :roll:
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

Haplo wrote:Well duh... :roll:
See? Another satisfied costumer :P .

Haplo

Post by Haplo »

Some people just don't have the experience in the games that others have, so what is obvious to you isn't to someone else.
Our Host!