MMOGs = Massively Big Suckage?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

With wine and baguette bread, cheese is pretty fucking good.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

I'm talking about Cheez Wiz, not Camembert.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Then on some toasted white bread in the morning with a big bowl of hot and milky coffee.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

s4ur0n27 wrote:In my mind, FF combat is 3v3 static combat with menus. I'm a huge fan of all FFs, Tactics included, but I didn't like FFXI. An MMORPG just can't be FF. Final Fantasy is all about the story.

XvX combat, based mainly on the fighters in front attacking each round (they auto-attack, taking one another interactive feature), while casters stay protected to the rear and fight. Literally fighters do nothing but talk because that's all there is to do a lot of the time.

I only pray that FFXII isn't as bad as it's going to be. It's all RT in an open world where you can pick and choose fights. The combat is going to be something like Star Ocean II, apperantly. Hopefully it will match up because that game was infuckingcredible.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Egh, I know this has most likely been mentioned before, but I hate MMO"Rpgs" because they're not REALLY rpgs. They're just abunch of guys (And afew gals......and guys pretending to be gals) walking around as their alter egos going "WTF!?" "LAG!" "AGGRO! RUN!" and such. There are no characters, there is no story, theres just you, running with no other purpose in life besides killing innocent creatures.......FOR GOD., deciding to end the game whenever you uninstall it. Oh and hanging out with friends....and if its FFXI.....hanging out with friends if they HAPPEN to be on the same server.

As for the human factor. May I remind you, I hate most humans, especially most who play MMORPG's.

Thats why most MMOgames just bore the shit out of me. I mean the only REAL thing there is to do is to level up and get new items. I guess exploring counts as something, but really, whats the point besides bragging rights and treasure. Wooo......guess what. Going to work could be the same experience, except I get REAL money. And in my line of work, I get to beat on real people.....which is alot more satisfying then just watching the same animation over and over again.

Also if FF combat = the XvX whatever, you've succesfully described EVERY medieval/fantasy rpg EVER.
Harriers for the cup.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

MMM Camembert... sadly all of the camembert I've had in the U.S. is weak and disgraceful.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I ate Monster once in the US, and it tasted as much as fucking mozarella. Sad but true story.

jet, is FFXII going to be online as well?
Our Host!