Cool beans

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

i don't know bout u guys, but i'd like to fuck using my penis, not a metal cybernetic dildo or some wireless cyber sex penetration

but it doesn't concern us since we'll all be dead before that happens, so i'm gonna stfu and wait for futurama, bender so funny...
bey.
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

Well I have to say... Either way it goes, with or without technology, it does not matter. It doesn't really matter, so I say, fuck it. Most likely we'll get put in our place with an enemy much like ourselves (In the planetary colonization case.) and there will be a balance once again.

But, Monkey, that's what wars are for. With our increasing amount of weapons technology, more casualties are to be expected. It's unavoidable. Nature fixes itself.
InvisibleMonkey
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by InvisibleMonkey »

That's not Nature fixing itself, it's us fixing it for Nature. Damnit, even Nature has tools do it stuff for it.
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

I am saying that by it's own processes, nature will balance itself out. In any case you have, there is always some sort of counter-balance.
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

I personally think a sexual robot would be pretty cool, especially if it was liquid metal and could become anyone you wanted.

Oooooh I get hard just thinking about that.
InvisibleMonkey
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Oh yeah, nature sure is making up for it's loss of rainforests and wildlife....
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

I'd make the robot look like your mom.
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

Just you wait, with the highly advanced weaponry of the countries in power in the world, WW3 will be a bloodbath.
InvisibleMonkey
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Or nothing because the nukes will incinerate everything, the entire Middle East will be covered in glass. That's be awesome to see, a giant field of glass.
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

No doubt the "trouble spots" of the world will be eventually flattened. But the number of casualties will be huge. We've reduced fratricide and increase accuracy and power by A LOT.

Also, there is a lot of new stealth technology (i.e. the X-35).

Walks with the Snails
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Walks with the Snails »

InvisibleMonkey wrote:What I mena is that now, the average lifespan is maybe 70 somthing or so. But if you lived without all the high tech equipment that basically does everything for you, the lifespan would be lower, for a while thus lowering the human population to a more manageable level. And that if the lifespan was around 50, which is when everything starts to wear down, then people would start to mture much sooner in life, so it would basically be the same as it is now, just happening sooner. That's how I see it anyway
It really doesn't work out that way, though. Population growth in the majority of the industrialized world today is negative, because having children is a large expense rather than your retirement plan like in an agrarian society. You also don't have to churn out a bunch in the hopes a few will survive to adulthood. Many educated people also wait until they're in their 30's or so to have kids. It's almost completely the people in the developing world who are ratcheting up the world population. The ones who don't have access to all the high-tech medicine (and birth control).
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I don't think ww3 will ever happen, it's just another wet-dream of hippies whining about more effective weapons. So ww3 would be a bloodbath, while any other war isn't? I think wars should become more humane with more advanced technology, better ways to protect yourself from the enviroment, quicker kills so you're not bleeding to death from a sword-wound etc.

And it'd be hard to get into another war. Unless China suddenly launched nuclear missiles into all the capitals of the major countries, the UN want to just talk all the time. If there was a ww3 it would be fought between politicians for a first few months. I don't think any country has the balls to use a nuke.

I also don't think we'd be 'balanced out' by aliens. If they're aliens out there, would we even be able to see them? Would we be in any danger if it could even move? I think we are more likely to just survive for the next few million years, probably branching out into space. By the time our sun explodes, earth probably would have been moved from it's current position.
:chew:
Killa-Killa
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Killa-Killa »

Or we'll (Insert verbed future WMD here) ourselves first. FO won't happen if the entire planet is flattened.

And any aliens will most likely be at the extremes: Ultra advanced or bacteria/worms, judging how intelligent life is just a hiccup in earth's life-span...

Of course I'm probobly wrong...
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Not really a hiccup. And even if that was true, you're forgetting about alien flora and fauna, arriving while a hiccup is happening and other weird alien shit, like talking rock philosophers or something.
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

Well the aliens shit was hypothetical so whatever.
InvisibleMonkey
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

What was the topic here again ?
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

i like beans
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

it was about christopher reeve being IRON MAN RAR!
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

'Twas about robot legs. You lazy bastard, you wasted my time when you could've just clicked on page one and read the first post. BAH YOU!
InvisibleMonkey
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Mwahahahah, I have power over you.
Our Host!