Bioshlock

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Sounds groovy.

Should be a pretty good "farewell" title for single player pc gaming. Glad our dreams of a non-xbox related gaming future could be crushed by something kinda swell so we can all buy and red-ring a 360 or four real fast and get tired of it before Failout3 hits xbawks live.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

jetbaby wrote:Bioshock:System Shock::Fallout 3:Fallout
Shut the fuck up.

popscythe: There's still Portal and Crysis after Bioshock.
Serious Business.
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

Koki wrote:
jetbaby wrote:Bioshock:System Shock::Fallout 3:Fallout
Shut the fuck up.

popscythe: There's still Portal and Crysis after Bioshock.
No, you. More shooters; woop-dee-friggin' doo. :yawn:

"Great atmosphere! Unique AI! Deformable Terrain! Interesting New Tunnels! Mono-Coloured Semi-Dead Things to Shoot At! YOU get to decide when to pull the trigger!" :blahblah:
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Koki wrote:Crysis
Oh yay.. the so-called DX10 prodigy that's going to blow us all away with its prettiness.. on a shitty OS that eats half your resources before you even start up.

whoop-de-f'ckin'-doo..
Testicular Pugilist
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Koki wrote:There's still Portal and Crysis after Bioshock.
Yeah. They're the twenty second long special scenes after the credits. You'll be glad you stayed for them, but standing around not knowing if you should leave or not makes you feel like a dick.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Mechanurgist&Smiley: I always thought being a "Fallout Fan" meant you simply wanted quality games, but you prove to me what everyone says - that Fallout Fans are just deluded fucktards.
Serious Business.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Portal and Crysis don't really interest me in anyway. Crysis just looks generic, and Portal too gimmicky.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

Crysis has se uber alien technology. I can`t wait to pay 2000 Euros for that game.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Re: Bioshlock

Post by PiP »

Bioshock should be fun. How? As a good shooter with a moody setting and creatures' 'ecology'. Fair enough for me. You don't lke shooters? Boy, that's your prob; and probably you should give a go games like SysShock2, Undying, HL2, Call of Duty.
If Bioshock adds stuff like character development and good story in the vein of SS2, all the better.
I just hope we don't end up with a retarded, simplistic, console-like shoot'em up - like Serious Sam, which DaCSniper suggested as funnier than Bioshock D:
Koki wrote: they announced that you can't kill Little Sisters freely anymore .
what? wtf? when? I musta been away :gnasher:
Killzig wrote:
Ken wrote:Hey guys-

And there she is, defenseless. And you’re left with a choice. And this isn’t a choice you make at a distance. It isn’t a choice you make when her protector is breathing down your throat, that you can later make excuses for. This is a choice you have to make when she’s standing right in front of you, weeping because the closest thing she knows as a parent is lying dead in front of her.

But don’t get me wrong. I’m not making a game that has anything to do with the joy of hunting down a childlike creature with a gun. My goal was to distill the choice down to what it’s really about. There’s something that may or may not be a child in front of you. If you want to survive, if you want to save the wife and family of the man who’s been helping you survive Rapture, you must harvest the Adam from these Little Sisters.

The Little Sister is defenseless in front of you. Gone are the tools of the first person shooter, the tools that you use so often and after years of gaming, without thinking. What you now have in your hand are the almost surgical tools of Adam extraction.

Rescue or Harvest. Rescue or Harvest.

It’s up to you.
this makes me feel like playing this chit
Killzig wrote: The Ink Spots playing in the demo?
no way :chuckel:
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

yeah MCA also said there were vault boy type looking things on the bathroom wall. I didn't notice because I was scared for my fucking life by a ghost standing in front of a mirror crying.

the ink spots song was if i didn't care.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Come on, Killzig. That ghost scene wasn't scary at all, I had a hard time even hearing the damn thing with those spliccers in the background remaking street car named desire.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Come on, Killzig. That ghost scene wasn't scary at all, I had a hard time even hearing the damn thing with those spliccers in the background remaking street car named desire.
She was saying something like "no one will want me like this, not all spliced out" and sobbing.. I was creeped out but I'm a giant gaping vagina for that sort of thing. When are you ever even online?
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Not much, I haven't used my 360 for quite awhile besides for the demo. Plus most of the time I don't really play online so I don't see the point in keeping my xbox connected to my computer to get online. I'll try and keep it connected for you though.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

<3 we should coop some viva pinata.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

+1
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Koki wrote:Mechanurgist&Smiley: I always thought being a "Fallout Fan" meant you simply wanted quality games, but you prove to me what everyone says - that Fallout Fans are just deluded fucktards.
Wait, because I can't recognise the "quality" in a graphic heavy overhyped piece of shit, I'm the deluded fucktard?

How about the fact that everytime you post, you chew out everyone, piss on their opinions, reserve the right to call everyone else whatever you want because you disagree with them. How's that for being a fucktard?

Get a grip you cunt.
Testicular Pugilist
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Smiley wrote:Wait, because I don't know anything about it and I'm calling it graphic heavy overhyped piece of shit because I'm a cool cool kid and this is a new new game, I'm the deluded fucktard?
Yes.
Serious Business.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Punch cars into the air. lol.
Testicular Pugilist
PiP

Post by PiP »