Is satanism in your schoolyard?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Stainless wrote:I think it's more because it infringes on other people's beliefs. You may not be religous, but other people in your school could be.
That is utter bullshit. What part of FREEDOM OF SPEECH don't you understand? We have an UNALIENABLE RIGHT to express our views, no matter if someone finds it offensive, which is what I think you meant by "infringing on other people's beliefs".

Expressing your views in NO WAY infringes on anybody's beliefs. Remember, just because someone says something, it doesn't mean that everyone listening has to believe it too. For instance, religious people are constantly preaching to me, and I never believe a word of it.

Goddamnit, people need to realize that freedom of speech doesn't only apply to the people with the majority opinion.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Franz_Schubert wrote:We have an UNALIENABLE RIGHT to express our views...
Um...FS, you do realize that Stainless is in Oz, right? That would mean that the "we" that you used doesn't exactly encompass him since he falls under another jurisdiction.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

yea and you can't silence his opinion because it'd be bizarro.
:chew:
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

OnTheBounce wrote:
Franz_Schubert wrote:We have an UNALIENABLE RIGHT to express our views...
Um...FS, you do realize that Stainless is in Oz, right? That would mean that the "we" that you used doesn't exactly encompass him since he falls under another jurisdiction.

OTB
You mean he's an actor in the show?

LOL I watched the "Roast of Chevy Chase" and one of the Oz actors was there, so some guy was talking, and he made a joke about him that went something like this:

"And over there is the star of Oz. He spends his time getting brutally ass-fucked in the shower........ and then they go film the show."
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Sodomy is funny!
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Neon Dingo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Neon Dingo »

Yeah it is, especially directly afterwards when everything smells like human feces and sweat. Hi-larious!

I personally really don't give a rat's ass if I'm "infringing" on people when I say the things I say. If they are so insecure to the point where they cannot accept to hear a different viewpoint and opinion then they obviously know their viewpoint is flawed and/or want to avoid conflicts (which is very unhealthy).

It is EXTREMELY hard to offend me. I honestly don't get how people are offended by things.

Some people are offended by my mohawk (parents included). It's kind of funny though, my parents condemned my new haircut saying I'd never get any girls, yet I am getting hit on by more chicks now than I ever have in my entire life.
This sentence has thirty-two letters.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Weren't you offended by PARADISE SPRINGS?
Neon Dingo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Neon Dingo »

Hmmm, I was very disgusted by the whole thing.

Edit: Let me rescind that last comment and say that I hate a LOT of things. A lot of things piss me off. So maybe I was talking out of my ass when I said that. People can't really offend me to the point of anger usually, unless they're directly taking away my freedom and/or right to express my opinion. Then they're just assholes and need the crap kicked out of them.
Last edited by Neon Dingo on Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Shrike
Respected
Respected

Post by The Shrike »

Some people are offended by my mohawk (parents included). It's kind of funny though, my parents condemned my new haircut saying I'd never get any girls, yet I am getting hit on by more chicks now than I ever have in my entire life.
You know what I had the same experience when I had a mohawk. I had one up until about a month ago and I was getting hit on by more girls than ever.

Any way back on topic I personaly am not anti-religious, But I do get pissed at how easily people get offended. I mean lots of Christians complain when they can't express their views but they don't like it when others express theirs.
Neon Dingo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Neon Dingo »

Correct. It's the good ol' double standard that a lot of Christians (or bigoted people in general) have. They don't care if you have something to say, as long as it's for their team it's OK. Say anything against them, however, and you're a sinner, you're going to Hell, etc.

Me, I might think an opposing viewpoint is so incredibly stupid that I cannot even stand to look at them, but I'll at least let them finish their sentence so I can stomp the piss out of them afterwards with my mad rhetoric and debate skillz.
Fang_Teng
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Fang_Teng »

I'm pretty anti-religious, I think it's responsible for the large majority of problems in this world. I take any chance I can to bash religion (and morality, authority, etc.). It's pretty fun, you should try it.

Gets me into a LOT of trouble sometimes, though.
Blaming religions for the majority of the problems of the world is folly. Because it's human nature to question a higher being and thus naturally develop one to bind and develop society. I fail to see a better way that people have organized, developed culture, and progressed.
Say anything against them, however, and you're a sinner, you're going to Hell, etc
Um, but that's part of their religions tenets (of fundamentalists at least). They have full right to call you a sinner and judge you. If they don't take active action to cut off your sources of expression, they're free to call you a sinner until their face turns blue.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

bitching about stuff makes us closer
The Shrike
Respected
Respected

Post by The Shrike »

Yep. I can't stand double standards. It is a good thing you said alot instead of all Christians cause I also dislike generalizing. I think I weakens an argument. Cause I know some Christians who are secure enough in their faith that they don't get offended by what others say that disagree with them. Those are the ones I respect.
Sol Invictus
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Sol Invictus »

They are the ones which are typically called 'zealots' and 'fanatics'.
Administrator

Circle of Eight - Hellgate: London Resource Center
www.co8.org
Killa-Killa
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Killa-Killa »

Or "Suicide Bombers". In Illinois, we have something called "Political Corectidude" in school. You must agree with religon on all fronts, or get a detention. (I'm not kidding. In one paper I wrote something like "Religon has caused millions of deaths. Just look at the Isreal-Palestine conflict, or the crusades." and I got a 3 hr. after-school detention. True story. Public school, 11th grade, English. Teacher: devout christian/conservative.
KillaKilla's logic:
FOT and FO: BOS weren't FO at all!........... 1. I am nobody
DOGMEAT is God. Never dispute this!........ 2. Nobody is perfect
Up and coming hardware nerd.................. 3. Hence I am perfect
Sol Invictus
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Sol Invictus »

It's the inquisition all over again. We're not allowed to express the truth if it goes against Political Correctness. Stating the statistic of the Mexican employment/unemployment rate in America would probably get you expelled.
Administrator

www.co8.org
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

I'm a zealot! My life for AiurrrR!!1
Neon Dingo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Neon Dingo »

Fang_Teng wrote:Blaming religions for the majority of the problems of the world is folly. Because it's human nature to question a higher being and thus naturally develop one to bind and develop society.
I don't buy our human nature making us want to seek out a higher power. I never wanted to seek out a higher power. Even when I was a young, ignorant child I never bought the religion stuff. Seeking out a higher power is a sign of idiocy because of how it falsely explains something in nature that is unknown. Instead of using common sense and...*gasp*...logic, they simply label it as a mystical creation, a "miracle," and conveniently get rid of that whole icky logical thought process.

What's that rainbow? Oh, that's just God giving you a sign that he'll never drown you all like rats again. What's that lightining? Zeus is angry at us for not praying enough.
I fail to see a better way that people have organized, developed culture, and progressed.
Why do you have to have religion to have a society? Have you ever stopped to think that maybe religion is a bad reason to organize? People killing other people, sacrificing themselves, and repressing common natural urges for completely abstract and fake reasons, all of this for the sake of organizing? Is it really worth it?

Fact: Religion has contributed to more deaths than anything.

Fact: Religion still contributes to mass genocide.

Fact: Religion still causes people to believe the Earth is flat, evolution is fake, that women are an inferior sex... The list goes on forever.
Um, but that's part of their religions tenets (of fundamentalists at least). They have full right to call you a sinner and judge you. If they don't take active action to cut off your sources of expression, they're free to call you a sinner until their face turns blue.
And I have the full right to give them a swift kick to the jugular.
Killa-Killa
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Killa-Killa »

Neon Dingo wrote:Fact: women are the inferior sex.
I agree. Women should be round up and chained to walls for male pleasure. Go dingo, go!
NOTE: this is not misquoting.
KillaKilla's logic:
FOT and FO: BOS weren't FO at all!........... 1. I am nobody
DOGMEAT is God. Never dispute this!........ 2. Nobody is perfect
Up and coming hardware nerd.................. 3. Hence I am perfect
Sol Invictus
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Sol Invictus »

Since when weren't they the inferior sex? Haha.
Administrator

www.co8.org
Our Host!