Fallout 3: Your thoughts

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Myron
Regular
Regular

Post by Myron »

senisterdenister wrote:I'm playing the good guy for my first run though.

Oh, yeah.
Nice screenshot... Just take a look at these...

Image Image Image

How about a little contest to see who gets the bigest body pile? That woulded be fun...
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

I never really liked stalker. It had a nice mood and all. And it was fun first 2 hours, but than you realise you will be spending most of the time on longass gunfights. I can still play it for 30 minutes at a time but never longer. I get bored.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Haris wrote:I never really liked stalker. It had a nice mood and all. And it was fun first 2 hours, but than you realise you will be spending most of the time on longass gunfights. I can still play it for 30 minutes at a time but never longer. I get bored.
But you really liked oblivion 2. I guess what makes a game for you "role playing" a messenger boy.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Myron
Regular
Regular

Post by Myron »

popscythe wrote:But you really liked oblivion 2. I guess what makes a game for you "role playing" a messenger boy.
Oblivion 2 :?

I know what you mean... Specially on that part when Jauffre asks you to to travel to all the main cities to go looking for help closing the main oblivion gate. But the game's alright if you play it with a freelancer spirit, specially if you buy the Shivering Isles expansion like i did, its simply brutal.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

45+ hours for me, and the majority has been spent simply dicking around. I've explored much of the map, and found tons of shit, but I still have a helluva lot to take care of as goes the quests.

Liam Neeson, you have not died in vain. :salute:

In any case, it's fun, but I'm getting to addict status. I'm falling behind on my classes.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Nicolai wrote:
S4ur0n27 wrote:I was talking about you respawing when you die :aiee: Totally kills it for me.
Que? You don't respawn when you die, the game loads your last save. D: The game autosaves whenever you fast travel, enter a new area/building or sleep, but you can turn that off in Options if you don't like it, I guess.
No way José : when I respawned, nearby NPCs started attacking me.
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Post by Doc Hill »

Uhm what. wheny ou die it loads the last autosave. BUT if you were scheduled to be jumped by some talon company mercs or the megaton revenge squad...well, that will happen again.

Recently I've taken to tooling around DC in Lincolns Hat, with his Repeater, in t-51b power armor and my lucky shades. I've declared myself Action Abe and gone on a anti behemoth jag>..> Silly but VERY fun. BTW Lincolns hat and repeater are both nice items, don't sell em...who doesn't love a stovepipe hat?
Life is like cheap whiskey, it's mostly bad, and leaves a shitty taste in your mouth, but it's better then nothing.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Doc Hill wrote: Recently I've taken to tooling around DC in Lincolns Hat, with his Repeater
any specific place I can find me some of those?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Lincoln memorial, I'm pretty sure. I just can't find my way into the DC Metro area.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

You have to take a tunnel from what I understand
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

S4ur0n27 wrote:
Nicolai wrote:
S4ur0n27 wrote:I was talking about you respawing when you die :aiee: Totally kills it for me.
Que? You don't respawn when you die, the game loads your last save. D: The game autosaves whenever you fast travel, enter a new area/building or sleep, but you can turn that off in Options if you don't like it, I guess.
No way José : when I respawned, nearby NPCs started attacking me.

lay off the drugs, hombre D:
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Manoil wrote:Lincoln memorial, I'm pretty sure. I just can't find my way into the DC Metro area.
"45+ hours, having a great time, can't find my way into the game."

Well, enjoy your walls of rubble w/force fields blocking every direction besides the ones that take you through the identical subway tunnels.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Post by Doc Hill »

Lincolns Repeater and HAt are found in the Museum of History, instead of heading straight to enter the Underworld, hang a left. The are has feral ghouls. You want the second floor offices. The hat is in a caved in room just sitting on the floor, the repeater is on the second level, middle room, inside an opening glass display case. You'll find other artifacts, like an action figure,a coin collection,a wanted poster, and a voice recording, put those in storage until later when you do the head of state quest, and sell em to the slavers or slaves for some quick caps...keep the rifle and hat.

The Repeater fires 44 magnum ammo and is probably the best vats small arm in the game.And unlike some unique items like the t-51b and alien blaster, you CAN repair this one. even though it's a unique model, it is repaired with hunting rifles.

Lincolns hat, besides looking awesome in it's stovepipiness, gives +1 intellect and +5 speech...*Sighs* Yes, it's a magic stovepipe hat.
Life is like cheap whiskey, it's mostly bad, and leaves a shitty taste in your mouth, but it's better then nothing.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I really, really do hate those magic items.
Gecko
Respected
Respected

Post by Gecko »

I really liked this game until the ending... The ending screwed up everything. It's shittier than oblivion's and that was übershit too. Oops, bethesda did it again! Idiots...
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Post by Doc Hill »

The problem is I can ALMOST buy some of the 'magic items' A Vault Tech Scientist...suit...thing...could have items in the pockets to help you do science...er...stuff. the utility suit could have a tool belt to help with repairs.fine.

but a magic stovepipe hat?REALLY?
Myron
Regular
Regular

Post by Myron »

Gecko wrote:I really liked this game until the ending... The ending screwed up everything. It's shittier than oblivion's and that was übershit too. Oops, bethesda did it again! Idiots...
I haven't finished the game already, i just played it for about 3 days straight but got tired of it... Feels to much like STALKER to me... Can we keep playing it after ending the main quest (like Fo2) or not?... Just to know if i really want to finish it... when i played STALKER, in the last mission (after you disabled the scorcher) you went into a part of the game (near the main chernobyl reactor), when i got there i saved the game quite often (autosave when i got there and a lot of quicksaves) but as soon as i realized the game would finish when i completed the mission i tried to get back but after getting there the game didn't allowed us to go back so i got stuck and found myself forced to finish it after many hard work improving my character to get some fun hunting bandits and monoliths... Was quite frustrating...
Jet Motherfucker... JET!!!
Gecko
Respected
Respected

Post by Gecko »

Myron wrote:
Gecko wrote:I really liked this game until the ending... The ending screwed up everything. It's shittier than oblivion's and that was übershit too. Oops, bethesda did it again! Idiots...
I haven't finished the game already, i just played it for about 3 days straight but got tired of it... Feels to much like STALKER to me... Can we keep playing it after ending the main quest (like Fo2) or not?... Just to know if i really want to finish it... when i played STALKER, in the last mission (after you disabled the scorcher) you went into a part of the game (near the main chernobyl reactor), when i got there i saved the game quite often (autosave when i got there and a lot of quicksaves) but as soon as i realized the game would finish when i completed the mission i tried to get back but after getting there the game didn't allowed us to go back so i got stuck and found myself forced to finish it after many hard work improving my character to get some fun hunting bandits and monoliths... Was quite frustrating...
Yes, the main quest ends the game. After the "movie" it drops you to the shitty main menu with the stupid oblivion style music. I haven't tried the evil ending though but i don't care about that one.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

popscythe wrote:
Manoil wrote:Lincoln memorial, I'm pretty sure. I just can't find my way into the DC Metro area.
"45+ hours, having a great time, can't find my way into the game."

Well, enjoy your walls of rubble w/force fields blocking every direction besides the ones that take you through the identical subway tunnels.
Oh, I have. Quite thuroughly. Just as I previously mentioned, I've explored almost every part of the map, with only a few exceptions. 80+ locations discovered, with maybe 14 or so bobbleheads and tons of extras cranked out already.

The Deathclaws still scare the hell out of me, so I won't go scouting for their lair and the numerous important items inside. All the same, I can't wait to get back to it.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

My thoughts: It's a fun time-killer. I will be enjoying it a lot, but then again, I also enjoyed Far Cry 2, so it still doesn't mean this game is the ultimate role playing experience of the century. My 10/10 is something closer to a 8/10 or 7/10. A lot of things don't make sense (magic hats, repair system, s.p.e.c.i.a.l.), but it still keeps me occupied and it's more fun than doing the dishes. And I can dwell in nostalgia while I'm playing. I can bear the dialogue, the quests aren't so bad and my copy hasn't been eager to crash so far.

Fallout: Saints Row. Keep it real, brothas, yo :rockon:

ImageImageImage
Our Host!