Gun problem? Add more guns!

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Or is he incompetent enough to go through with it...?

:D

I don't know what to believe, and frankly I don't care.
Testicular Pugilist
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

rabidpeanut wrote:
Wolfman Walt wrote:I was gonna spend my time calling you a moron and proving you wrong, but you know what? I think I know better than to argue over something this retarded cause if you're not gonna get that by now, you're not gonna get it. Ever. So if you wanna believe in something that dumb, that's your prerogative.
So Iraq has weapons of mass desruction? And the Bush family is NOT in the oils business with the Bin Laden family.
No, I think it had something to do with the whole "OMG MISSILE AT PENTAGON" and "A HIT FROM A PLANE CAN'T BRING DOWN MIGHTY TWIN TOWERZ!!1" bullshit. Iraq & WMD is a clear case and the stuff about oil business, well... It's quite obvious. I just can't believe that people actually buy the stuff some college kid trys to stick down your throats with his ultimate Youtube skills.
Machiavelli
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Machiavelli »

We know that the Bush family is involved with oil. He would be considered an evil man if it weren't for the level of his retartedness. We know Iraq had WMD's at one point because;

A. He used them

B. We sold them to him.

As to whether or not he had them when we went in will be a subject of debate for many many years to come. There are some that believe that he smuggled them out before we got there and unless we start invading all the other countries in the area (a stupid move) we'll never know for sure.

Iraq was a major fuck up for us, something that many of us know but that the government will never admit to. With all the posturing between us and Saddam however, it was bound to come to pass sooner or later.

My reason for believing that the Bush administration knew about 9/11 is simply because we had Air National Guard fighter jets less than 50 miles (about 80.4672 Kilometers according to an online converter) in the air before and during the attacks and they had orders to ignore anything like what had happened because of training exercises. I still don't think that there was a huge massive conspiracy orchestrated by our government though. Let's try not to bash the innocent dead, huh? There are many families that lost loved ones in the incident and they were just caught up in the power struggles of the worlds leaders.
The AK-47. When you absolutely positively got to kill every mother#$^#&* in the room...... Accept no substitute.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Machiavelli wrote:...

My reason for believing that the Bush administration knew about 9/11 is simply because we had Air National Guard fighter jets less than 50 miles (about 80.4672 Kilometers according to an online converter) in the air before and during the attacks and they had orders to ignore anything like what had happened because of training exercises. I still don't think that there was a huge massive conspiracy orchestrated by our government though. Let's try not to bash the innocent dead, huh? There are many families that lost loved ones in the incident and they were just caught up in the power struggles of the worlds leaders.

Air National Guard jets were less than 50 miles from what?

They don't have magic powers to see and understand what is happening in a 50-mile range. Yes they have radar, but radar is not magic.

There are many different modes of operation (I am assuming here that they were F-16s with APG-66/67/68 series radars) and filter settings.

How is the pilot supposed to know which dot was hijacked? (Or where it is going and what the terrorist plans are.)
If a pilot notices a dot out of dozens if not hundreds in a 50-mile area (he wouldn't get so many of course- the filters are set for altitude, size of radar return, velocity, etc. so many things are simply not displayed.) heading for a building (represented as ground clutter- i.e. filtered out i.e. not shown) perhaps he could activate his tractor beam to catch the plane in midair.
Machiavelli
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Machiavelli »

Sorry, they were less than 50 miles from the WTC when the first airplane hit and when they radioed for permission to respond they were told to ignore it. It's not crazy conspiracy bullshit either. It was on the news the day of the attacks and then strangely enough it was never mentioned again by any media outlet or (oddly) the conspiracy nut jobs afterward. They wouldn't have been able to stop the first plane but if they headed to NYC airspace they would have been able to track and (maybe) stop the second plane. It's hard to say what they could have done because by the time they noticed the second plane it would have been over heavily populated areas and they may or may not have been able to shoot it down. If they had stopped the second plane however maybe at least the second tower could have been evacuated. I don't really know if that could have worked. I don't know how close the towers were to each other I never got to New York till after 9/11.
The AK-47. When you absolutely positively got to kill every mother#$^#&* in the room...... Accept no substitute.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Machiavelli wrote:... I don't really know if that could have worked. I don't know how close the towers were to each other I never got to New York till after 9/11.
300 ft apart?

In half an hour couldn't find a map with a range-ruler
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Machiavelli wrote:Sorry, they were less than 50 miles from the WTC when the first airplane hit and when they radioed for permission to respond they were told to ignore it.
Perhaps the authorities didn't want ANY planes near the towers until they figured out what was going on and which planes were, in fact, hijacked. It's not like there was an official procedure for such event at that time.
Google Earth?
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

VasikkA wrote:
Machiavelli wrote:Sorry, they were less than 50 miles from the WTC when the first airplane hit and when they radioed for permission to respond they were told to ignore it.
Perhaps the authorities didn't want ANY planes near the towers until they figured out what was going on and which planes were, in fact, hijacked. It's not like there was an official procedure for such event at that time.
Google Earth?
Yes.

Still no range ruler, unless I'm just being an idiot.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Redeye wrote:unless I'm just being an idiot.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

VasikkA wrote:
Redeye wrote:unless I'm just being an idiot.

That menu wasn't on my screen.

I'm too lazy to reinstall google maps

So I port thru websites

less flexible
Our Host!