Speeding up FTBOS

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

Yeah, I'm not running anything on backround. Space isn't the issue with Booster (Or do you think 1 giga isn't enough for it after full install of the game?).

Funny, I had to turn off sounds in order to make demos run properly, but now that I don't have sounds, they are almost as good as nothing!

I think I'll go find that crack...
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Snake »

Is there a problem with the hard drive or partition
Maybe try running scandisk to see if there is an error preventing the booster from doing its thing
"Call me Snake"
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

No errors found with Scandisk....

it's weird, but it just gives an error (Booster) while at like doing the 7th or 8th file on full settings...it does unpack some of the game, and the errored one does not seem to break the game, but I can't finish unpacking as the program and my puter freezes after the error.

Me thinks me must stick with no sound :(
Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Snake »

http://www.duckandcover.net/tactics/files.shtml
"Description: Here is the first official patch for the great third edition to the Fallout line of games. This patch focuses on those who have problems with corrupted file on 3rd Tactics CD. The update implements 'spr-sprites_0.bos' file, in cases where certain users have reported missing images in their inventory."

Do you have problems with corrupted graphics?
Can you try unpacking the file in question with Winzip?
"Call me Snake"
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

No, I got fully working graphics (and I wouldn't dl that file...if I remember correctly, it was about 80 megs..a little too much for modem dial up).

But I think I could try to manually unzip it. First I would have to use Booster again to find out which files aren't weorking right....well, gotta try that some day, thanks.
Our Host!