FALLOUT 3 FOR THE X BOX

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

FALLOUT 3 FOR THE X BOX

Post by Killzig »

Woo bring on the Rosh and Saint flames baby. I want Fallout 3 for the X Box.

Under these conditions though.

**> Game content and game play has to be like the original fallout. Meaning that the combat is still turn based, dialog is still an option, and you know with a little keyboard feature you could still have the "Ask about" feature.

I. As true to the original as possible. Same kind of game play.

A. Onus on single player. Though if they want to draw more sales with
X box live they could do like Splinter cell and offer new content online.

B. Sped up Turn Based combat.

1. Instead of tossing the entire town into combat as the
Fallout engine does it should be modified to only toss the
persons involved into combat.

2. Enemies that pose no threat should run from you and
not toss the engine into combat mode. Some sort of
formula to take care of this would have to be programmed.

C. Use a modified version of special.

1. Clean up and merge skills that are redundant.
2. Keep usefulness of non combat skills.

2. Going 3d

1. Isometric view. No swinging cameras. A fixed camera
with dissolving walls and roofs that go away when you
enter buildings.
2. Keep attention to detail. Use the same style as FO.
Despite saint's best theories it can be replicated in
3d. Unless everyone in the 50s was 2d and monochrome.
;)

3. NPCs and World

1. NPCs and townsfolk should be just as autonomous as
they were in the fallout series.
2. Floating text is still teh phunnee.
3. Talking heads should make a come back.
4. Party control from Fo2 should be implemented and
expanded.

4. Inventory

1. Given the scrap heap nature of the world, inventory
should be broken up.
2. Power armor should be available in segments scattered around the wastes. though unless its a whole suit you don't
get the full benefit. (+10 to AC, and +2 to STR?)
3. PA segments that = a full suit can only be activated and put together by someone who is qualified. You + manual,
or a BOS scribe.

5. Cars

1. No.

I think a console Fallout would be nice for a few reasons, first of all the game's final QA wouldn't solely be the responsibility of IPLY's one eyed and retarded department. They'd have to meet standard which would be substantially higher than what Interplay is used to putting out. Hallelujah. Next off, money. With a bigger budget they might actually be able to do something right! No upgrading your pc to meet specs.

Not that I'd want a Fallout 3 for the xbox before I'd want it for the PC. Just something to consider.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

You know if they make a Fallout for the console it's gonna be nothing but fighting. Consoles are designed for a younger audience and people with extremely short attention spans.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Mad Max RW wrote:You know if they make a Fallout for the console it's gonna be nothing but fighting. Consoles are designed for a younger audience and people with extremely short attention spans.
Typically that's true. But if you play a game like Splinter Cell the whole game is a lot slower than what most console players are used to. It's a smash. :D That's why I think the x box would be the ideal console for fallout from the start I think it's been geared towards the more mature gamer.
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Uh huh. It's amazing how people react to the Xbox. It never ceases to surprise me.

That being said, I'd rather not see it exclusive to any one console, because I don't want to have to fork over another $250 and change just to play the game.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Splinter Cell is a whole other ballgame. It's on the XBox because they needed a really damn powerful system. If you put an RPG on there it's gonna have all these crazy graphics, billions of polygons and other stuff. They have to fill it in with lots of action, so there goes your ability to role play. Look at Dark Alliance. It's like Gauntlet but retarded.
Fallout 3 on XBox might end up a behind view fighting game based on some variant of the Unreal engine. That's all Interplay and BlackIsle can afford. Probably gonna hire somebody else to make it, too.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Re: FALLOUT 3 FOR THE X BOX

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Killzig wrote:Woo bring on the Rosh and Saint flames baby. I want Fallout 3 for the X Box.

Under these conditions though.
Interesting, if they were to do another Fallout game and it was to come out on the PC only would you want these same conditions imposed or would you be happy for the game to carry on as before?
Killzig wrote:5. Cars

1. No.
How about Brahmin drawn carts built from pre-war vehicles?
Killzig wrote:I think a console Fallout would be nice for a few reasons, first of all the game's final QA wouldn't solely be the responsibility of IPLY's one eyed and retarded department. They'd have to meet standard which would be substantially higher than what Interplay is used to putting out. Hallelujah. Next off, money. With a bigger budget they might actually be able to do something right! No upgrading your pc to meet specs.

Not that I'd want a Fallout 3 for the xbox before I'd want it for the PC. Just something to consider.
Wasn't there some gossip about a console Fallout game several months ago? And didn't everyone threaten to storm the gates of Interplay and burn any heathens working on it? :twisted:
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

So long as it's not x-box exclusive and they dumb down the pc version I wouldn't mind.

I'm not sure I'd like it on a console as controlling would be a bit funky.
:chew:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I don't care if they're gonna port Fallout 3 to the XBOX, but the PC version shouldn't suffer because of it.

The no mouse+keyboard thingy would be the main problem, I guess. I have strong doubts of how the gameplay would work properly using a pad, that'd probably be the death of Turn-Based combat. Dialogue, inventory and stuff like that is no problem. A 3d engine would be easier to handle for a console game, making a lot of Fallout fans angry. I'm also concerned how the 'original look' would be possible to achieve. The interface would have to be made completely anew. When I think of console RPGs, I can only think of those horrible Japanese RPGs. XBOX Morrowind doesn't look so bad, but it's not isometric.
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Mad Max RW wrote:Splinter Cell is a whole other ballgame. It's on the XBox because they needed a really damn powerful system.
It is coming out on both of the other systems you know. The Microsoft deal was only time exclusive from 3 to 6 months (It varies somewhat depending on the source). Why? My guess is that they felt they needed a big title for the holidays that the other consoles didn't have.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Splinter Cell is gonna look like total ass on the PS2.
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Yes, probably.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Eeek, I can't imagine those lighting effects on PS2. Nasty. Night Vision will probably look ass too making shooting out cameras all the tougher.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

I really like the thermal vision in Splinter Cell. Would have been perfect for the Predator. Why Fox Interactive never went with the Unreal tech for AvP2 is a mystery. Oh wait, not it isn't. They're cheap bastards who love to hire bottom of the barrel developers.

Anyway, I'm too cheap to buy Splinter Cell in the first place. Doesn't have enough replay value and other things I need in a game.
Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Snake »

For a start you can get mice and keyboards for the xbox, I think all you need is a convertor for it
And I do think that Max has a point about if it soley xbox it will be dumbed down
If its multi-platform it will be better off and why no to cars?
"Call me Snake"
Stealth Rabbit
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Stealth Rabbit »

One phrase can tell my protest:
"Fucking leeching consoles cant get their own damn concepts by themselves."
There. I hate consoles just because they take game concepts that PC game designers thought of and they fuck them up. Microsoft raped us of Halo, and we get stuck with all of this stupid shit like "The Sims" and "Trailer Park Tycoon." At least give us some quality, like my new idea, "Whorehouse Tycoon." Yeah... that would actually be worth playing.
Behold my ignorance and sloth, for I am AMERICAN!
<a href="mailto::cha0srf@aol.com" Subject= "SPAM ME!">MAIL ALL OF YOUR SPAM RIGHT HERE!</a>
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Haha Whorehouse Tycoon. That has game of the year written all over it. Don't blame Microsoft or Sony for games switching to console. Blame the spineless developers who don't give half a shit about their fans.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Fallout 3 Xbox... I think Feargus has put some kind of a brain parasite in Killzig's head.

Any console Fallout game would end up as something like "DeathClaw Rampage 3000" and would have you playing a BOS paladin who drives around in 15 DIFFERENT VEHICLES shooting at a couple deathclaws and Italian plumbers.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Mr Carrot
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Mr Carrot »

i cant see a single good reason for having a fallout game on a console, having to change the very way one controls the game and how to approach it would add on large amounts of dev time if they wanted to ascertain anything like the originals gameplay and character interaction.

And in its original form it just wouldnt appeal to console players, the only "proper" rpgs that do are jap rpgs and a proper fallout game wouldnt appeal to the japs.
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Actually, Killian did have some valid points, especially regarding cost, profit and QA.
Bloodgeon11
Vault Scion
Vault Scion
Location: this great country of bombing the crap out of others

Post by Bloodgeon11 »

First of all, i'd like to apologize for this post.
Killzig, you did have some very valid points, and you should be repected for that, but...ah, screw it! I'm no good at this, so let's get started.

In my extreme ignorance, i would demand that fallout must be cartridge, so that there as no loading times. This would force (assuming that i'm all-powerful) a revival of the N64, making CD's useless and all the expensive equipment obsolete. The general public would see to it that Fallout: Xbox would include many minigames, such as the perversion of pokemon. Then, as the grainy graphics (normal and good, for fallout) drill into your skull, you will discover the ability to play Put a Bullet Through Some Obtuse Heads (or, Slaughter Vault City) and earn power armor and the best NPC, Which happens to be the last remaining Raccoon from The Burrows (see fallout bible).

See my point, dear friends? No matter what steps are taken, someone will manage to screw everything up in the worst possible matter (see Murphy's Law).
Thanks for the space, and enjoy your day. :wink:
"Science fiction wiggers" is my new favorite phrase.

"You'd better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace. It's unpleasantly like being drunk."
-"What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
"Ask a glass of water."
-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Our Host!