what's your Main Gun?

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
BloodGod
Regular
Regular

what's your Main Gun?

Post by BloodGod »

1.meson cannon
2.ion beamer
3.proton axe
4.rpg-7

the 4 top weapons, but which was your Main Gun?
TONIGHT THE AGE OF MAN COMES TO AN END
godspeed@c4.org
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

Depends on the characters, but the main core of firepower was usually the Meson Cannon.
BloodGod
Regular
Regular

Post by BloodGod »

haha but characters ended up mostly the same : all have brawling, energy weapons, perception ...etc. could have just put 1 point in each, then raise them all through usage.

funny, for energy weapons i found ion beamer more effective than meson c. and more ammo.
godspeed@c4.org
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

My characters didn't- usually only one or two had high energy weapon skills, and only one had a decent Brawl skill- I found it was better to specialize them..

The Ion Beamer was better for a character skilled at Energy Weapons, but in general didn't stand up to a Meson Cannon going full Auto (As long as you had the ammo, of course).
BloodGod
Regular
Regular

Post by BloodGod »

i remember i did heaps of damage to even death machines using nothing but an empty weapon...because i had high brawling skill
godspeed@c4.org
aegisuv
SDF!
SDF!

Post by aegisuv »

My favorite weapon ever was the Red Ryder rifle. Just because it would kill the robots soooo fast... But you have to cheat to get it... I did like the meson (sp?) cannon tho' , especially on "Mars". I used to go there with tons of ammo just to build up EXP...
AegisUV
Unwashed since 1997

Post by Guest »

brawling rules

hey aegisuv i think i missed the mars firelance red ryder rifle bit... where was that?
BloodGod
Regular
Regular

Post by BloodGod »

damn shit i got logged out again
anonymous above was me
godspeed@c4.org
aegisuv
SDF!
SDF!

Post by aegisuv »

"Mars" is in the Darwin Base. After you have finished all there is to do (Beating Finster's Robot and the VR program), look over the railing in Finster's office and you will see the "Mars" landscape. You can reach it via elevator on the west side. There are lots of Dire Wolves to fight, and they will regen too. Make sure if you are going there you are strong enough for the challenge. Use the Proton Axe for the most experience. (Brawling gives double experience!). Also, you can explore under the trap doors for some more baddies.

As to the Red Ryder rifle, there is a cheat in the game (several, in fact) that will allow you to find what is dubbed the "Super Loot Bag". The Red Ryder takes 7.62mm ammo and does ungodly amounts of damage. Here is how to get it:

***Spoiler***
Go into Needles, into the secret gambling hall. The password is ACAPULCO. Find the player with the best gambing skill, give him/her some cash, and have them empty their inventory except for an ammo clip (It can be anything, but the point is just to have something to drop). Disband this person (Not permanently!) and have them sit in a chair and gamble until they win some cash. DO NOT take the money! Instead, get up, go to another empty chair and gamble again until you win. Again, stand up and go back to the first chair. Take the cash, then drop the item in your inventory. Go back to the second bag of cash and pick it up. Keep hitting the down arrow until you see all all kinds of loot. The key items are the cash, the Red Ryder rifle, and the Proton Axes... There is more! The item that says Name AC is buggy, but it can give you a much higher Armor rating if you equip it. In short there are all kinds of cheats, but I only like the rifle to play with, as it is way too powerful. Instead, brawling is the way to go! :o)
AegisUV
Unwashed since 1997
Gehenna
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Hmmm...

Post by Gehenna »

Actually, all melee combat gives double exp. It's a role playing bonus for not wasting your ammunition, which would be difficult to find in a post apoc setting.
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

your ammunition, which would be difficult to find

Post by 4too »

Never seemed to have enough batteries for energy weapons.
Used the Proton Axes (2?) a lot. Rockets a must also. Forgot about the developement of skills by USING them, quite novel a concept!
Some random finds included 10 batteries, ....once. Forgot to save and lost them in a '64 crash.
Easy come, easy go....

4too
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

I'm not positive, but I thought there was only one Proton Axe.. I only recall one, anyway.. There were two of either the Ion Beamer or the Meson Cannon, though.. I can't remember which off the top of my head..
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by 4too »

Was there one in the monks' monestary and one in the research lab/base that grew monstrous/big animals?

4too
BloodGod
Regular
Regular

Post by BloodGod »

i remember ending up with 2 protonXs ; one from guardian's citadel, the other ... don't remember
godspeed@c4.org
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

Hmm.. I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for the other Proton Axe my next time through..
BloodGod
Regular
Regular

Post by BloodGod »

huh? *next time*? you...you mean you're still intending to play it brother??? it was the greatest game to me [back in the 80's] but...
godspeed@c4.org
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

I probably should finish my current POD game first, but yeah, then I'll probably run through it yet again.
Mersant Le Sinsitre

The second Proton Axe

Post by Mersant Le Sinsitre »

It's in Vegas, in a building near the Scorpitron and the HQ of Faran Brygo

>huh? *next time*? you...you mean you're still intending to play it >brother??? it was the greatest game to me [back in the 80's] but...

I played it one year ago for the first time :))))))))
morris
SDF!
SDF!

all

Post by morris »

I usually used a couple meson cannons, a couple of ion beamers, and a couple of proton axes.... I also made sure everyone had assault rifles for enemies that weren't worth wasting the good ammo.
Kain
SDF!
SDF!
Location: Where am I ? Who are you ? Why is there sand everywhere ?

Post by Kain »

I LIKE BIG STICKS!!!
Life's a BITCH but I'm worse!!!
Our Host!