kill all the enemies

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Howlround
SDF!
SDF!

kill all the enemies

Post by Howlround »

How do I set it up so I have to kill all the ememies before I can leave. I just can't seem to get it to work right. Thanks again for all the. help.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

You can actually set this up several ways.
  1. Use a "Quantity Team" trigger in the Condition(s). "Team 2 has exactly 0 alive at Anywhere", or "Team 2 has less than 1 alive at Anywhere".
  2. Use "Quantity Player" triggers for each Player Index of enemies, with less than 1 alive/exactly 0 alive for each index.
  3. Use "Quantity Unit" triggers for each Tag Name that you've assigned to the enemies. (All enemies will have to have Tag Names for this to work, however.) Same here w/"less than 1 alive" or "exactly 0 alive" at Anywhere.
The easiest is option A, but I've found that it is also the most unreliable. The most reliable - but also the greatest pain in the arse - is option C, and B is the middle ground. I suggest trying to set it up the easiest way first, and save the hardest for last. ("Quantity Unit" can be very easy, however, if you simply have every enemy tagged with the same name.)

The Action portion of the trigger would be to "Open Exit Grids". ("Toggle Exit Grids", w/a tick/check placed in the appropriate box.)

It's as easy as that.

Cheers,

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I thought there is a trigger you can use for something like "Enemies of Player 1" have 0 alive anywhere.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Damn, I'd forgotten about that, JJ86. Yes, you can set up triggers w/qualifiers like "Allies of", "Enemies of". I'm not sure if those work or not because I've never used them, though.

I just hate when my thinking gets stuck in a rut...

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Our Host!