Daybreak 2250 AD

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Daybreak 2250 AD

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Not really fan art but it is the cover from a good post-apoc book I read from the 50's. It's a pretty good read about what it would be like 300 years after the bombs fell.

Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Re: Daybreak 2250 AD

Post by Smiley »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:Not really fan art [/img]
Then why'd you put it there? =P

hmm interesting. Might pick up that book later today.
Testicular Pugilist
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I figure no matter where I put it some anally puckered individual is going to say it doesn't belong!! Yeah, it's a quick read but interesting nevertheless. I'm not sure if its in print - you may have to check used book stores.
Moonbiter
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Moonbiter »

Wow that brings back memories, my dad gave me a copy of that book when I was about 11. I lost it in one of our moves and haven't seen that cover pic since. As for the book I really enjoyed it then and reread it recently and it still holds up to the test of time.

I don't think it is printed under Daybreak 2250 AD anymore, I found a reprint under its original title A Starman's Son by Andre Norton. Has a different cover and everything but its still the same story.

Both covers are good inspiration for the post-apoc artist :)
Our Host!