Fallout Tactics not available!

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Grizzly_UK
SDF!
SDF!

Fallout Tactics not available!

Post by Grizzly_UK »

I recently decided to go and buy Fallout Tactics, but when I got to my local shops they didn't have a single copy! (I live in the UK!) So I made some enquiries and get told that the title is no longer available for them to order stock! I also got told that it's an old game! Eventually, at one shop I manage to find out that Virgin Interactive are due to release something called Fallout Radioactive around the 20th May (next month) on their budget White Label! I think that's the re-release of Fallout Tactics which explains why I can't buy the game right now.

Now I can't prove this but I'm sure that any FO fans here in the UK can try to find out the same info. I have tried checking the Virgin Interactive wesite but can't find any mention of this new release/re-release!
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

I think that Fallout Radioactive is a release of FO, FO2, and FOT.......
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Well, it's been a year, so technically yes, it is an old game...
Last edited by Flamescreen on Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grizzly_UK
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Grizzly_UK »

Slider wrote: I think that Fallout Radioactive is a release of FO, FO2, and FOT.......
Hadn't thought of that one but would be a bit strange coz Virgin Interactive have FO & FO2 available as a dual pack on their budget White Label.....
True friends are few and far between so cherish the friends you have!
Grizzly_UK
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Grizzly_UK »

Flamescreen wrote: Well, it's been a year, so technically yes, it is an old game...
Yeah, realize that, just thought it a bit off seeing as it was only a few weeks ago that the shops had like a dozen or so copies on the shelves!
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

In reply to Grizzly:

Add to that the fact that I found a special package of Unlimited Adventures in UK stores back at '98!(I understand the special package was in circulation for three years then!).
aegisuv
SDF!
SDF!

Gotta love the French

Post by aegisuv »

I can't remember the site, but it was the one that Killian mentioned when Fantasy first reared it's ugly head. Anyway, the French site had a graphic at the top of the page that was for Fallout Radioactive, where Pip was looking from behind a radioactive symbol with the title above him... If anyone cares to do the research I am sure they can see it for themselves!
AegisUV
Unwashed since 1997
Grizzly_UK
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Grizzly_UK »

aegisuv wrote: I can't remember the site, but it was the one that Killian mentioned when Fantasy first reared it's ugly head. Anyway, the French site had a graphic at the top of the page that was for Fallout Radioactive, where Pip was looking from behind a radioactive symbol with the title above him... If anyone cares to do the research I am sure they can see it for themselves!
Thanks for pointing that out. Been and had a look and Slider was right, Fallout Radioactive is a release of FO, FO2 and FOT! Here's a handy little link if anyone wants to have a look:

www.overgame.com/page/article.asp?artic_id=18323
Munky
Regular
Regular

Post by Munky »

You are willing to pay money for FOT?????????? Are u crazy?!?!?!

:wink:
I wont go down in history...but i will go down on your sister.
Grizzly_UK
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Grizzly_UK »

Munky wrote: You are willing to pay money for FOT?????????? Are u crazy?!?!?!

:wink:
Was working on the theory that the more copies of any Fallout title that are sold, the better the chance of FO3! :? Desparate thinking? Yeah, probably! :)
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

FoT ain't bad at all(in 1.27 ver). Plus it's the only FO related game with new maps and more coming up. I'd buy it again, even if only for being FO. Generally I would buy games of the following categories if they were FO-related:RPG,Adventure,Strategy,Possibly puzzle(but don't quote me on this).
Munky
Regular
Regular

Post by Munky »

Hehhe, yeah, its pretty good, single player just sucks arse.
I wont go down in history...but i will go down on your sister.
War Bringer
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller
Location: Eden Facility 3 Project: Sigma (Testing) In.The.Center.Of.The.Storm

Post by War Bringer »

... well, i like the idea that they're still marketing fallout, rather than letting it just fade away. or become a brand new *fantasy game
"...Half a man's corpse laid on the hallway floor starring at itself,
probably wondering what had happened to the rest of his body..."
- Brothers Of The Dark

Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Btw, would you think a FO-related game based on the Bible would be any good?
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

A Fallout game that is based on the bible would kinda boring if you ask me. They should have left FOT out of the mix and left it open. But it seems that CA is having a of sarcasm streak on BIS or just went crazy.
http://feedback.blackisle.com/forums/sh ... genumber=6
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Personally I can sympathise with CA and fellows like him' it's one thing to have to put up with every silly guy that thinks he's having a good idea and another to being constantly buttered by the "fans" no matter what you do.

These people have to satisfy users every whim in order not to be criticized the wrong way. I'm not against constructive critisism, but some times it just gets ridiculous. Are we really expecting from these guys to be super geniuses? Even if they are, doesn't mean they're the desicion making bunch. There are always issues involved like keeping ideas in to make a sequel. It's not as easy as you might think.

I do think that FoT deserves a place in the bible, A) because many users demanded it's presence and B) because it's the most modifiable version of FO incarnations and we have to keep a background of info from which to draw our details. After all what is a bible outside of religion? It's not like its holy or something! See star trek and what they did recently. They violated so many of their own bible I could kill them(did I mention I'm a continuity nazi, as people call us?). Still the show is quite good and most surfers praise it, which is fine by me.

If they can manage to do similar or better work with FO, I guess it would be o.k. You can't ask too much of a company that has limited resources. Unfortunatelly, not all gaming companies have a Microsoft like budget, or Blizzards stuff.
Our Host!