NASDAQ replies to Interplay

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

NASDAQ replies to Interplay

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

<strong>[Company -> Update]</strong>

It seems <A href="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?d=t&s=^IXIC">NASDAQ</b> has denied <A href="http://interplay.com">Interplay</a>'s latest request for an additional grace period to get their stock, <a href="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?d=t&s=IPLY">IPLY</a>, above the <b>$1/share</b> mark. In this <a href="http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/020815/deth ... article</a>, the staff of <a href="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?d=t&s=^IXIC">NASDAQ</a> have informed the software company that they will be <b>delisted</b> from the exchange on <b>August 22nd</b>. There's a bit from the thing:<blockquote>Additionally, the Staff informed the company that it was not eligible for an additional 180 calendar day grace period given that the company does not meet the initial inclusion requirements of The Nasdaq SmallCap Market under Marketplace Rule 4310(c)(2)(A). Specifically, the company does not qualify with the $5,000,000 stockholders' equity, $50,000,000 market value of listed securities, or $750,000 net income from continued operations requirement.Nasdaq informed the company that its securities will be delisted from The Nasdaq SmallCap Market at the opening of business on August 22, 2002, unless the company appeals the Staff's determination no later than 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time on August 21, 2002. The company has requested a hearing before a Nasdaq Listing Qualifications Panel to review the Staff's determination. The hearing request will stay the delisting of the Company's securities pending the Panel's decision. There can be no assurance, however, that the Panel will grant the company's request for continued listing.</blockquote>Currently, the stock is at <b>$0.16/share</b> and dropping.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Excuse my ignorance of the U.S. stock market(or stock market in general for that matter), but how low can it go before it has the most severe implications for the company(like going bankrupt)?
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Swirling...swirling...swirling...

Congratulations Caen, you moron. It's an underhanded way of getting some licenses and such for cheap and crushing the company. If that wasn't planned, then they are just idiots. Their ousting Fargo and fucking with Interplay with so much inter-office bullshit is likely what caused its downfall.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Flamescreen wrote:Excuse my ignorance of the U.S. stock market(or stock market in general for that matter), but how low can it go before it has the most severe implications for the company(like going bankrupt)?
A company can go on forever after being delisted technically. Stocks are more equity for the company than anything else. They allow people to buy shares of a company to provide input, and they share the "worth" of the company in exchange for buying those stocks. It's a way for a company to fund raise in other words.

However, if someone buys up 51% of that stock, that means they get to control the company. That's what Titus did to Interplay. Technically, that's the worst case scenario for having a low valued stock.

Getting delisted really isn't that big of a deal if your stock has hit bottom because that means you're not getting anything from it anyway. Basically, it's just another low point for Interplay as a company.

Being on the list is basically like advertising for the stock. It increases the likelihood that people will trade that stock. Also, getting delisted doesn't mean you'll never be on the list again either. If Interplay did great, and their stock got back up to a worthy price and met the other requirements, they could go back to NASDAQ.
------------------
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Constipated BladeRunner »

Man.
EVERYTHING WAS GOING WELL!
I THOUGHT THAT F03 WOULD BE ANNOUNCED RIGHT AFTER IWD2 IS IN RETIAL!
Ooohh, friend shotgun.
Yes, I know I should have come to you when Kobian bit it, but now I think is the time.
Goodbye everyone!
Saint, explain to me how easy it would be for IPLY to be bought out now?
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

:cry:
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

if i heard official news of interplay/BIS making FO3, or FOT2 i would buy some stock. then id sell it after i bought the game!! mwahahah

but if they dont make anything they will end up bankrupt
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Constipated BladeRunner wrote:0.15.
:cry:
Buck up, they've been down to $0.14/share. :)
------------------
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Saint, who do you think is most likely to buy out IPLY?
INFO?
MF
Respected
Respected

Post by MF »

Titus, dissolvement

Or some big corporation that needs a software/games retailer under its wing.
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

NO I REFUSE TO ACCEPT TITUS AS A BUYER!
*CLASPS HANDS ON EARS*

LALALALA,LALALALA ELMO'S WORLD!
Darwin_187
Respected
Respected

Post by Darwin_187 »

Here's a thought: Save up a few thousand dollars and buy all the damn stock. Then they have to listen to what you, the one shareholder, has to say.

I'd make them wear dresses while making me my own private FO3. Then they would dance for me.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Darwin_187 wrote:I'd make them wear dresses while making me my own private FO3. Then they would dance for me.
Of course, you'd have to do all of this whilst paying off a couple of million dollars of debt. Although, in the short term, you could have fun firing people!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Constipated BladeRunner wrote:Saint, who do you think is most likely to buy out IPLY?
INFO?
Ummm... Titus bought out IPLY last year, almost to the DAY.

Infogrames is pretty much fucked right now too. They were $300 million in debt last I heard. They aren't helping themselves by buying up game developers like Shiny either.
------------------
Crow of Ill Omen
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Crow of Ill Omen »

They were probably just enticed by The Matrix license. If the film and merchandising go crazy like LotR, maybe they'll get a shedload of sales for a game without having to build anything special.
Sqawk
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Crow of Ill Omen wrote:They were probably just enticed by The Matrix license. If the film and merchandising go crazy like LotR, maybe they'll get a shedload of sales for a game without having to build anything special.
I'd be amazed if they get thier $56,000,000 out of Shiny and the Matrix game.
------------------
Darwin_187
Respected
Respected

Post by Darwin_187 »

They're betting on the "there is no spoon" business strategy.
Crow of Ill Omen
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Crow of Ill Omen »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:
Crow of Ill Omen wrote:They were probably just enticed by The Matrix license. If the film and merchandising go crazy like LotR, maybe they'll get a shedload of sales for a game without having to build anything special.
I'd be amazed if they get thier $56,000,000 out of Shiny and the Matrix game.
True, but they don't need their $56kk back. Their company assets will still reflect the value of the acquisition while they make the extra revenue from The Matrix.
Sqawk
Our Host!