Soldiers of Anarchy interview!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Soldiers of Anarchy interview!

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

<strong>[ -> Interview]</strong>

In keeping with the whole <i>post apocalyptic</i> theme, I managed to score an <A href="/features/interviews/soa-aug15-2002.shtml">interview</a> with <b>Carsten Strehse</b>, <a href="http://silver-style.com">Silver-Style</a>'s lead designer on <a href="http://www.soldiers-of-anarchy.com/">Soldiers of Anarchy</a>. It's a groovy little tactical game with RPG elements for those who haven't seen the other news posts about it. Here's a taste:<blockquote><b>Saint_Proverbius:</b> <i>Scavenging is one thing, getting things working is another. Will this factor in the game play, having to repair and upkeep the things you find?</i><b>Carsten Strehse:</b> You will have to take care of your equipment between the missions. Vehicles must be repaired and re-ammunitioned, soldiers healed. You can also add additional armour and weapons to your vehicles and trade with a merchant.</blockquote>You can read the full thing <a href="/features/interviews/soa-aug15-2002.shtml">here</a>.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

I like the idea of blowing up walls and building. :twisted: (for a startegy game, that is).
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

I agree. Destroyable surfaces in tactical games has always been good. It's not only realistic, but it keeps you from being funnelled through areas like Fallout Tactics did. Imagine FOT's Mission 4 where you could just knock down a chain link fence as opposed to be forced through that path.

Missions based on what you do in the game seems nice to me. I hope that means you're allowed to fail missions and keep going.
------------------
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Seems good.

Will there be a soa forum? (We have a wasteland half-life forum, and thats just a mod)
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:I agree. Destroyable surfaces in tactical games has always been good. It's not only realistic, but it keeps you from being funnelled through areas like Fallout Tactics did. Imagine FOT's Mission 4 where you could just knock down a chain link fence as opposed to be forced through that path.
It will also make the game replayable.

If someone will play FOT for a second time (ha) it would be really boring.

You just need to do the excact same thing you did in the excact same order.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Pyro wrote:Seems good.

Will there be a soa forum? (We have a wasteland half-life forum, and thats just a mod)
That would depend on how much interest there is in this forum and this game.

I'm fairly interested in it. The question is wether or not a good chunk of DAC's readers are interested.
------------------
Our Host!