World War 3 ?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Do you think World War 3 will happen

Yes , and whit a lot of Nukes !
50%
No , and no Nukes !
6%
Maybe...
44%

Total votes: 18

MrBlue
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MrBlue »

China a daft opinion, what rubbish they are probably the only country militarily that can rival the US, you do know they are Commuist to huh? and NO its not like the Americans to have anyhting against communists ?
trade embargo on Cuba still.

And being a Biggot? so again its wrong to care for the welfar of my country? Britian isnt goign to benifit from millions of illegal immigrants and over stayers is it?

And join the BNP? no more like Lib Dems

Christian lands too? try most of Europe
i feel up the stiars then i fell down the stairs
MrBlue
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MrBlue »

sorry i didnt cover all your points but yes research into biological weapons is wrong but neo luddite? research and development into biological weapons to the point that it threatens our humanity? uh no and no i dont read a tabloid I read the Daily Mail if your that interested and apologies if at quarter to 2am i type in a O instead of a U and you have to "plonk" me.
i feel up the stiars then i fell down the stairs
James
Respected
Respected

Post by James »

what rubbish they are probably the only country militarily that can rival the US
No, not at all. They have a truly formidable army, but they can't project power worth shit.

Whereas the US have a slightly less formidable army (in terms of numbers only, they are superior otherwise) but are the only country in the world capable of projecting power without resorting to weapons of mass destruction.

And, if China went to war other counties would stop buying Chinese stuff.

Bottom line militarily: the US would be unwise to invade China, but China would be unwise to invade anywhere.
you do know they are Commuist to huh?
Are they not Maoist? :-)
and NO its not like the Americans to have anyhting against communists ?
Doesn't stop them from buying Chinese goods.

so again its wrong to care for the welfar of my country? Britian isnt goign to benifit from millions of illegal immigrants and over stayers is it?
We certainly won't benefit from narrow mindedness either. I think you'll find that, like in the US, immigrants here fill a vital economic niche. After all, would you want to work cleaning the burger king at Waterloo station?

And what ever happened to compassion for fellow man. Sure there will be people who try to beat the system, but there are many people who have genuine reasons for seeking a new life in this country. Don’t forget that many UK citizens try to beat the system too. IMO, bootleggers (or other tax dodgers, like those who participated in the fuel tax protests a while back) are a much bigger “threat” than immigrants (and I don’t loose any sleep at night over bootleggers).

And there never was, is, or will be millions of illegal immigrants. The number of immigrants entering the UK, both legal and illegal, is really quite small, compared to, for example, the birth rate (in UK citizens).

And join the BNP? no more like Lib Dems
Really, given your attitude I wouldn't suggest any party with liberal in their title. At least think about the Tories or the referendum lot.
Christian lands too? try most of Europe
Are you a Christian? What happened to love thy neighbour? I am an agnostic myself, but I appreciate real Christian (also shared by Judaism and Islam, mostly) values. However, many so called Christians never seemed to understand things like this.

And really, the number of active Christians in Europe is just not that large anymore. Especially in the UK. We really are a secular nation, more than anything else. If you look at statistics then this would be a Christian country, but this is due to everyone being listed as Church of England on their birth certificates (it’s what mine says, even though my parents were not even modestly religious).
"Ancient Greece was ahead of its time, and before our time. They had no TV, but they had lots of philosophers.
I, personally, would not want to sit all evening watching a philosopher."
James
Respected
Respected

Post by James »

sorry i didnt cover all your points but yes research into biological weapons is wrong but neo luddite? research and development into biological weapons to the point that it threatens our humanity? uh no and no i dont read a tabloid I read the Daily Mail if your that interested and apologies if at quarter to 2am i type in a O instead of a U and you have to "plonk" me.
Sorry, didn't realise you meant biological weapons. Thought you were talking more generally. Yes I agree that biological weapons are bad, but China already has plenty of Nukes and they are very bad.

I don't like the mail much either, although it's much better that the sun IMO :-)

Plonked you for your opinions on some kind of religious race war, not you spelling or grammar.
"Ancient Greece was ahead of its time, and before our time. They had no TV, but they had lots of philosophers.
Hadrion
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Hadrion »

Ok, this topic actually made me register for these forums...odd since I've been a Fallout fan for so long.

Anyway, I think anyone who says that WW3 would be a great thing and would be excellent population control should be drug out of their beds at night, directly into the street and shot. How's that for population control? :twisted: You obviously don't have anyone you care about, whether it's family or friends.

And a China/US conflict is very unlikely to happen in the forseeable future. China simply doesn't have the force projection necessary to fight a war with the US, and the US doesn't have anywhere near the numbers of China for a full scale invasion. So, conventional warfare is out. And why the hell would China want a war with a country that buys a huge amount of their goods? It just doesn't make sense. I mean if there was a full trade embargo, maybe that could start something, but with China's almost complete lack of a navy a conventional war would be laughable.

China: "We can't get over there. Let's give up."
US: "We're outnumbered. Let's give up."

As far as weapons of mass destruction goes, China would be pretty stupid to use biological weapons on the US, and nuclear deterrence takes care of the rest.

On the Pakistan/India thing...
They know what their weapons can do. They have the science to build them, so they have the science to know their effects. They are not triggerhappy. Neither wants their country to be annihilated. So what if they are talking big and doing a lot of saber-rattling? The US and the USSR did it for how many years? I don't understand why people are freaking out so badly about this...

To be honest, I'm not worried about full-scale global war. I'm more worried about terrorists' I.Q.'s getting bigger, and their access to destructive weapons getting easier. A group of terrorists could build an atom bomb or a "dirty" bomb with blackmarket supplies, many of which came available during the fall of the Soviet Union, when military and controlled supplies just "disappeared." Nations today don't want to go to war, especially when their nations are stable. But terrorists' goals are to destabilize nations. I'm not aiming this at any religious group, as has been so haphazardly and thoughtlessly done in this thread. Personally, I believe that all religions and countries have the same percentage of crazy fucks in them as the rest.

The problem is, the weapons that only governments had access to in the past are likely to come into the hands of extremists who don't care if they live or die...
Crow of Ill Omen
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Crow of Ill Omen »

To be honest, I'm not worried about full-scale global war. I'm more worried about terrorists' I.Q.'s getting bigger, and their access to destructive weapons getting easier.
Me too.
MrBlue wrote:And being a Biggot? so again its wrong to care for the welfar of my country? Britian isnt goign to benifit from millions of illegal immigrants and over stayers is it?
If we need to lose people, I'd be in favour of starting with people who dress up Xenophobia with pretense of caring about the country. If you care about the country, run for government, do voluntary work or contribute in other ways (recycling, neighbourhood watch, car pooling, etc).

Your current approach is not one of someone who cares enough to look for a solution. It is one of someone who is dissatisfied but too lazy to find/particpate in a real solution, so looks for scapegoats to project the anger onto.
MrBlue wrote:many Moslem migrants to Europe that Britain will become a Muslem state eventually
Although I don't believe this will happen, I don't see how it would be a particularly bad thing. In that scenario, I'd expect most of the nominally Muslim populace to be the same as most of today's nominally CofE populace, and not even pay lip service to the religion.
Sqawk
Nutter
Respected
Respected

Post by Nutter »

a third world war is probably the last thing on my mind right now

humans have probably developed to a point where they'd resist the natural urge to deal with population pressure via beating the crap out of each other

we're probably more likely to all die from some epidemic than a war

life feeds on life...
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

B)
Last edited by Gimp Mask on Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Amen.
DeepOmega
Regular
Regular

Post by DeepOmega »

You forgot about the supermutants.
Peace and much love...
Davide
Regular
Regular

Post by Davide »

Quote thing on Dark Xenomorph comentary :

"they are terrorist , Islam is a religion , YOU are a RACIST" something like that

I´m not RACIST , what i was talking about religious intolerance caused by a possible atack caused to the Vatican causing a new crusade against Islam "
PAPA ROACH IS X YOU ARE ALL Y
James
Respected
Respected

Post by James »

what i was talking about religious intolerance caused by a possible atack caused to the Vatican causing a new crusade against Islam
This is one of the least plausable things I have ever heard. It's above and beyond Tom Clancey even...
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

juda-ade more likely. It's being executed a.w.s actually. Bush couldnt care less about Palestinians blowing up Isreali schoolbusses, im aware of that. Its the fact the pro-Jewish community is well represented by the congress /senate that might clear out America's interference with the course of action in present-day Isreal.
Christianity has got little to do with all this, it's what many ppl fail to realize.
Sometimes an atomic weapon is just an atomic weapon, ja?
Yossarian
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Yossarian »

Hasn't WW3 already happened? That thing between NATO and Warsaw Pact? Trying to spend your enemy to death? Didn't NATO win?

On the other hand: People fantasizing about a real World War Three are always thinking that it won't happen to them...that it won't be their eyes and brains hanging from the bayonet...
James
Respected
Respected

Post by James »

On the other hand: People fantasizing about a real World War Three are always thinking that it won't happen to them...that it won't be their eyes and brains hanging from the bayonet...
And there's one or two people who seem to think that it won't just not happen to them, but when it happens to other people it will somehow be benificial.
Our Host!