Snake Plissken: The Computer Game

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Kreegle
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Snake Plissken: The Computer Game

Post by Kreegle »

<strong>[ -> N/A]</strong>

It looks like Snake Plissken - the hero from the post-apocalyptic-ish movies <a href="http://us.imdb.com/Details?0082340" target="_blank">Escape from New York</a> and <a href="http://us.imdb.com/Details?0116225" target="_blank">Escape from LA</a> - will be making his way into computer games. Quite strange... yes. <a href="http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/ne ... 70,00.html" target="_blank">Gamespot</a> has the juice:<blockquote><em>"When we made the original film in 1981, there was no video or DVD or video games. [We] want to relaunch Snake Plissken back into the vernacular of pop culture," said Deborah Hill, producer of both of the Escape movies. "We introduced a lot of legends in the first two films and with the comics, novels, video games, and anime, we'll be able to explore some of these things. How did Snake lose his eye? What happened in the Battle of Cleveland or at the Battle of Leningrad? What is New Las Vegas? We'll explore these stories as well as introduce new stories." <br><br>Hill is reported to already be involved with an anime project based on Plissken's adventures, while a sample of the comic John Carpenter's Snake Plissken Chronicles was unveiled at last week's San Diego ComiCon. Kurt Russell has reportedly already agreed to do voice and motion capture work for the game, although the rights to develop a game starring Plissken have yet to be secured by any publisher. Until that happens, it's not clear whether future agreements will involve games based on the movies or games that simply star the Plissken character. </em></blockquote>That's a rather bold plan, isn't it? I never really thought Snake Plissken was that popular a character... not popular enough to warrant a computer game, anyway. Oh well, let's hope it doesn't suck worse than John Carpenter's latest offerings.
lFrost

Post by lFrost »

WHA! isnt MetalGear Solid the game like i mean its based on Snake Plissken isnt it.... its just like the movies... almost... kinda well a lil but snake is Snake Plissken... eh i guess not
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

the guy who made it liked snake pliskens charecter so he called him that. I also think the guy who did the music for it foes the music for mgs2
:chew:
HanoverF
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by HanoverF »

Metal Gear Solid 2 was a lot like the movies... especially where you sat and watched them for 10-20 minute stretches for most of the 'game'
Jack_Deth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Jack_Deth »

Pyro
the guy who made it liked snake pliskens charecter so he called him that. I also think the guy who did the music for it foes the music for mgs2
Umm... John Carpenter does the music for all of his movies so he definately didn't do the music for MG2

Well, the real Snake Plissken is better then the Snake from MTG... because he is a total rip off.
Our Host!